CrystalTile2

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Rylan, Jan 16, 2013.

?

CT2 safe or unsafe?

1. Totally fine what are you talking about?

83.3%
  2. Beware, this is malware!!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I'm unsure..

16.7%
Jan 16, 2013

CrystalTile2 by Rylan at 5:10 AM (3,567 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Rylan
    OP

Newcomer Rylan Member

United States
    I put together a working version of Crystal Tile 2, I could not load the one I had because of a missing mfc71u.dll error. I had the same issue as this sgn15:
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/opening-bin-files-fairy-tail-ds-game.255188/#post-3131591

The attached file does indeed work, and has some translations by cory1492 and FAST6191.

I was however, curious to see notes of bg.cntgb.com in the program, also something in the Formats.ini that said:
    Code:
    ;================================================
    ;                  ²¡¶¾¿â
    ; Virus+±àºÅ=²¡¶¾Ãû³Æ,²¡¶¾ÌØÕ÷Âë,ɱ³ýÊý¾Ý
    ; Virus0=virus1,11223344,AABBCCDD
    [Virus]
    The bit is commented out, but in someone's own script interpreter comments mean little. But if it were malware, why call it "virus" lol seems a bit poorly planned at the least if so?

virscan.org found nothing in the package though, but that doesn't mean there isn't malware...

Website is registered to:
    Registrant:
    yeyezai ye
    NO.13
    HK, NH 57000
    China

Administrative Contact:
    ye, yeyezai yeyezai@gmail.com
    NO.13
    HK, NH 57000
    China
    +86.52399288

Probably the author of the code?
    Anyway I wanted to post it up with all the available info before anyone wanted to download this. It seems safe :unsure:

Attached Files:

2. jjjewel

Member jjjewel GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    It's in Chinese
    ; 病毒库
    ; Virus+编号=病毒名称,病毒特征码,杀除数据
    ; Virus0=virus1,11223344,AABBCCDD
    [Virus]

Google Translate gave me this;

; Virus database
    ; Virus + id = name of the virus, the virus signature Exterminate data
    ; Virus0 = virus1, 11223344, AABBCCDD

I think at first the developer meant for the program to detect if the file you tried to open contained virus so that it wouldn't open it or something.
    Anyway, I'm pretty sure CT2 itself is not a virus.

3. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    I believe it is part of the DSbricker detection.

Yeah yeyezai is/was the last author and did a lot with the project (certainly was the usual one to come and tell us about updates and such like)- the development history of CT2 is as mind bending as any open source project you have probably ever seen though.

4. Rylan
    OP

Newcomer Rylan Member

United States
    Sweet thanks for the responses. If it was an open source project I feel much better. I assumed the stuff in the ini was nothing to worry about, just seemed strange to have a setting block named virus lol.

5. FAST6191

pip
    United Kingdom
    The source for an older version was released (way older than the last versions released, missing a lot of features of the newer versions and barely compiles so as such you are probably better turning your hand to tinke, nvwr or MKDS course modifier) and I believe the assembly side of things borrowed heavily from desmume so technically it should have been GPL. What are you going to do though.

6. Normmatt

Member Normmatt Former AKAIO Programmer

New Zealand
    Yeah I have that older source laying around i believe it was from 2007 or something so yeah theres atleast a 2 year gap between source and binary. Not entirely sure whats changed in those two years so it might just be minor bugs or it could be entire features.

7. FAST6191

pip
    United Kingdom
    September 2007 vintage is the one I have as well (though I also have several other versions from a few months before that going back to about May of that year by the looks of things), I had the binary from roughly the same era and compared to now there is quite a bit of extra stability (prone to general leakiness would have been my statement on the matter), an externalised set of language resources and a fair change in UI as well as support for a few more formats.

That said the tile viewer component is mostly intact and much of the things like SDAT (and at least in the slightly later binary I am looking at right now it actually works reasonably well), font and compression support should be there so something might be able to be salvaged from it (though I doubt it will be winning any programming style awards any time soon I have had far worse cross my path). I can not say I would suggest "forking" it from there though.

I have uploaded it in the past (usually as a pack of all the CT2 stuff I have which would have had the earlier versions) but we might as well stick a version up on filetrip
    http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/u...ltile2-source-code-september-2007-f31478.html