ROM Hack CrystalTile2 won't save imported images?

Poryhack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I'm trying to do is open (import) a standard image in CrystalTile and save it in one of the many formats that the program supports. This seems to work perfectly up to the point where I actually save the image... All I get is an empty file, or, if I import over the top of the image I'm viewing in the ROM, I get that file.

I must be missing something, because if not, this is the world's most useless import feature.

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
yeah that happened once to me, okay make sure that you are in tile view goto properties - scale change it to something smaller than what you have 400 to 200
now you can see more in the window right (more tiles)
now import your image place where needed and double click somewhere other than the imported image in that window now you can save that change to the rom.
I reccomend though that you dump and edit (import export and save) through the dumped files and not the rom itself that way you can always find the problem with a record of your work systema systemb systemc only renaming it to origanal file name "system" when you are ready to test the changes you have made through repacking your rom (dslazy, dsbuff) save you a lot of effort trust me (systemac1) 200 hundred mistakes later but this one works...

Poryhack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Afraid that didn't help me. I imported the image, double clicked outside the area of the image but in the same window and nothing. I still end up saving the exact same image that I started with.

EDIT: Double clicking ON the image itself seems to be working for me; may also have to do with the fact that I was not on the 9.14.09 version before. Problem solved I suppose. =)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-