Gaming Crysis is freaking beautiful

slayerspud

Trophies
XP
Country
I can play this on max with my dads computer and it is beautiful.

His specs are like

Quad Core CPU
Radeon HD 2900 XT (2x in SLI)
4 gig ram 1066 mhz
1000 watt PSU
direct x10 and Vista ultiamte
(Dont remember the exact specs)

It's sex i love Crysis, i'll take some sceens later though.

On my PC i just get it to run smoothly on low only though.

At what 10FPS? No current range PC can play this at true 'Max' at anything above 15fps atm, even dual 8800 Ultras and the new QX.

Runs nicely on my Q6600, 8800Gt though.

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

His specs are like

Quad Core CPU
4 gig ram 1066 mhz
1000 watt PSU

At what 10FPS? No current range PC can play this at true 'Max' at anything above 15fps atm, even dual 8800 Ultras and the new QX.

1. Shut the fuck up
2. Read my post in the other stupid ass thread http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=66405&st=15

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

His specs are like

Quad Core CPU
4 gig ram 1066 mhz
1000 watt PSU

1. Shut the fuck up
2. Read my post in the other stupid ass thread http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=66405&st=15
Now now, no need to snap at the guy.
Your other post actually agrees with him. He's saying "No current range PC can play this at true 'Max' at anything above 15fps atm" and on your other post you said "Nothing can run Crysis on "Max""

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
If he says 15fps to "true max" he has no idea what it means

That's no excuse to snap at the guy. Keep it civil.
lecture.gif

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
I seriously don't see why they can't just port this game to a console.
I mean, look at Half-Life 2 and Doom 3 for XBox.

Lower everything and that's it. Saying you "cannot", sounds like a marketing comment.

Who would bet that they WILL port it eventually.

Edit: Mr. Typo the stalker of VVoltz'es

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Half Life 2 on the xbox was abysmal

It would take a lot of work to get the engine working on a console, it's brand new

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
Half Life 2 on the xbox was abysmal

It would take a lot of work to get the engine working on a console, it's brand new

Yeah, I've heard HL2 on XB sucked.

And you are right about the porting the engine, it has to a a LOT of work, but since Crysis was in development for quite some time (was shown in how many... three E3?), I say we will be seeing:

Crysis: Instincts
Crysis: Instincts: Predator
Crysis: Instincts: Evolution
Crysis: Vengance

I don't have anything against Crytek BTW, I mean they have to get some revenew for their work somehow.
And those guys are really skilled, so I wouldn't mind playing a Crysis game on the Wii.

cenotaph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
graphics > gameplay for this game. cause it's not any different than other fpses. oh yeah, u have different armour boosts, but all they do is mimic what Warcraft 3 mod did for Counter Strike years ago... very fun.

I thought it was a step above most FPSes in terms of gameplay, with level design that allowed for different approaches to getting past map obstacles and completing objectives. This makes the flow of the game seem more natural, compared to most linear FPSes in which you feel more like you're attempting to figure out the mindset of the guy who designed the level rather than completing whatever objective you may have at hand.

QUOTEI seriously don't see why they can't just port this game to a console.
A bunch of technical obstacles come in the way of such a port. RAM limitations, for example.

The Far Cry Xbox port would be a good example of what a Crysis port would turn out like. Scaled down and no longer remarkable from a technical perspective.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
VVoltz said:
A bunch of technical obstacles come in the way of such a port. RAM limitations, for example.

The Far Cry Xbox port would be a good example of what a Crysis port would turn out like. Scaled down and no longer remarkable from a technical perspective.

So this game is all about the graphics?
unsure.gif

Probably not, I'm guessing the engine has some pretty decent stuff on top of that, like physics and AI.

My point is, that if they make the game a lot uglier, it should play the same, kinda like Max Payne on the PS2, terrible port graphic wise, but the gameplay was the same, I enjoyed it very much.

What I realized just now is that it is published by EA, so be very sure will be seeing this baby on a console no later than next year.

cenotaph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
VVoltz said:

unsure.gif

Probably not, I'm guessing the engine has some pretty decent stuff on top of that, like physics and AI.

My point is, that if they make the game a lot uglier, it should play the same, kinda like Max Payne on the PS2, terrible port graphic wise, but the gameplay was the same, I enjoyed it very much.

What I realized just now is that it is published by EA, so be very sure will be seeing this baby on a console no later than next year.
I guess you didn't get at all the segment of my post you quoted. "Technical" doesn't just encompass graphics, but all technical aspects of the game. Physics, AI, you name it. It's possible you'd see even more scaling back in those areas as they do not lend themselves as much to the kind of RISC architectures you see in game consoles.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
VVoltz said:

unsure.gif

I guess you didn't get at all the segment of my post you quoted. "Technical" doesn't just encompass graphics, but all technical aspects of the game. Physics, AI, you name it.

True, but questionable.
No machine can run Crysis at 100% right now... graphically.
So, if the lesser machines can handle "the rest" with lower resolutions and less detail on the textures, why a 360 or a PS3 not?
All I'm saying is that the statement "This cannot be ported to a console" is not only a lie, but a mean to sell more copies, at least right now.

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But Crysis has a lot of objects - it's easy to adjust everything, but on medium settings it still uses over 1GB of ram

And if "100%" = all settings "Very High" than yes, there are. I'm forcing some of the DX10 effects and have high water/textures/models/particles medium shadows/PP and it runs great

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
True, but questionable.
No machine can run Crysis at 100% right now... graphically.
So, if the lesser machines can handle "the rest" with lower resolutions and less detail on the textures, why a 360 or a PS3 not?
All I'm saying is that the statement "This cannot be ported to a console" is not only a lie, but a mean to sell more copies, at least right now.

I'm sure in time they will port it just like FarCry. When they ported it, it was a toned down engine to accommodate the consoles, but it got ported.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Such a fun game and the graphics are amazing
ohmy.gif

I'm gonna put it on the shelf for a while and wait until my computer can play it in all of its glory.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
But Crysis has a lot of objects - it's easy to adjust everything, but on medium settings it still uses over 1GB of ram

And if "100%" = all settings "Very High" than yes, there are. I'm forcing some of the DX10 effects and have high water/textures/models/particles medium shadows/PP and it runs great

You can't ''force'' DX10 effects on a DX9 Graphics card. Way to be a BSer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1