Not open for further replies.

Shoyrukon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's been almost half a year since Crown3DS status has been at 70%. I just checked it today for the fun ot it. It recently went up to 72%! Seems like some real progress is being made. Just wanted to share this with you guys :P
Seems like the 2% only occured a day or two ago.

http://www.crown3ds.com/

[STATUS]
Current: 72%

Don't bother posting if all you are going to say "FAKE..." The official discussion got locked because it became a spam fest.

servant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DAAAm that less than 9000
lol wat the hell is 2% :rofl2:
does it mean they figured out their budget or something
but seriously wat does 2% mean?

Edit: It would be cool if they finally released a video on wat they've been doing so far.

Reactions: 3 people

sychotix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Edit: It would be cool if they finally released a video on wat they've been doing so far.

Well its a pretty complex process. They have to go and edit the code so that instead of 70%... it says 72%. Honestly, I'm amazed at their talent.

Shoyrukon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

2% is better than nothing. But yeah 2% after almost 6 months is really slow progress. =D

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
What's going on in the basement of some 40 year old at Crown3DS headquarters:
"HEY MIRROR ME BOSS, PEOPLE ARE STARTING TO FIGURE OUT IT'S FAKE"
"HMM...THAT IS A PROBLEM...I KNOW, MOVE THE PERCENTAGE ON OUR SITE BY A WHOLE 2%!! IT'LL HAVE THEM CRAWLING!"

Reactions: 22 people

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
People who automatically assume that Crown is "fake" without having any facts to back up their claims should probably re-examine what they're saying. There's nothing standing in the way of making a 1:1 cartridge clone - this is a piracy-only solution that requires no system exploits whatsoever, the problem here is that different games are on different cartridges and making a universal setup that would fit in a standard cartridge casing is close to impossible.

There's not enough data to prove the validity or its lack of this project as of today.

Reactions: 6 people

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol. And anyways it would (IF it is even real) be strictly for piracy =/ (or, I guess MAYBE using homebrew CCI on a dev unit..but you'd need the sdk...and it only assumes the compatibility is very high, so it would have a lot of conditions)

It's either real or a persistent trolling attempt, though.
I did catch a statement from their original "Crown3DS released!" information (now deleted/edited) which could prove they are fake, but they did remove it so I can't really be sure.

Originally (now removed) the Crown3DS team said "The capability [not sure if they meant Splinter Cell 3D or the storage capacity of Crown3DS] is 512MB."
If they meant Splinter Cell 3D was 512MB, then that's incorrect; it's been publicly dumped and it's a 2GB game. If you think "okay, well the update partition could have been removed making it 512MB" then it couldn't run unless they found a way to remove signature checking, although I highly doubt that; modifying the ROM would break the signature. If they meant the storage capacity was 512MB that's even more unbelievable. You can't fit a 2GB file in a 512MB storage device.

RNorthex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At the very least, they're not dead.

but is that at all good news?
i seriously wish it would die already, unless they show real progress, it's better to show nothing at all
while the real hackers are at work, they show next to nothing, but when they do, it's probably not for false hope

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I am from the future!

fb2Nh.png

Reactions: 2 people

andy26129

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am from the future of the future and progress is 101% and a video was released from them which ended being up a youve been Rickrolled for the past 2 1/2 years.

Reactions: 2 people

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It means they went out and bought a gallon of milk.

Seriously though, I bet its a way of indicating they're still alive without getting people's hopes too high for a release in the near future.

elisherer

I ♥ 3DS
Trophies
Website
www.sherer.co.il
XP
Country
Iceland
At the very least, they're not dead.

but is that at all good news?
i seriously wish it would die already, unless they show real progress, it's better to show nothing at all
while the real hackers are at work, they show next to nothing, but when they do, it's probably not for false hope
Couldn't have said it better..

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Looks like an attempt to milk more pre-order money
Except you can't pre-order Crown on their site and whoever offers pre-orders of the product is a scammer since the team behind Crown clearly stated that it's not ready and they're not entirely sure if and when it will be.

Reactions: 1 person

AlanWeird

Trophies
XP
Country
Urgh. It's almost too funny to watch all this. Nowhere near as bad as the PS3 scene though :P

3DS at least has a few people actively working on reverse engineering the whole thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: