Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
why are they makin a flashcard? a CFW would be better i believe, since there is sd card for the 3ds
If its so easy why don't you make one :rolleyes:

They've been trying everything they can since it's been released and we still aren't even close.
did i say its easy? anyway, i think they are makin flashcards so they can sell em and get paid.. instead of downloadable CFW thing..
Well for one, this is a 1:1 flashcard meaning no unsigned code. So it's essentially a game card that you can switch ROMs with. It's nowhere near as complicated as a CFW would be. So they aren't just doing it for the money, it's also because it's overall harder to hack the system itself.

Memfis

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Again, it's a 1:1 flashcard. It won't be able to run any unsigned code. So it's pointless in helping to make CFW for the system.
That´s possible, but the point is, that the card itself must use an expolit in the 3ds system (because the code from Crown3DS isn´t signed by Nintendo) and to analyse the card can help to find it. That´s all what the hackers need: An expolit and if the hackers have one and can run own code the rest is "easy".

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Again, it's a 1:1 flashcard. It won't be able to run any unsigned code. So it's pointless in helping to make CFW for the system.
That´s possible, but the point is, that the card itself must use an expolit in the 3ds system (because the code from Crown3DS isn´t signed by Nintendo) and to analyse the card can help to find it. That´s all what the hackers need: An expolit and if the hackers have one and can run own code the rest is "easy".
Uhh...no. It IS a 1:1 flashcard according to the team itself. The ROM itself is still encrypted, it doesn't really use any exploit. The 3DS would think of it as just a gamecard. Perhaps this is where they got snagged, we don't know.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm just gonna wait for a softmod of some sort. As much as I'd like to have a flashcart, obtaining them seems to have been getting risky as of late seeing as people are getting caught as well as lawsuits and whatnot. Plus Paypal no longer lets you buy them, so I'm out of options right there anyway.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Define "real proof". They gave you a video with an empty 3DS connected to their PCB running Splinter Cell, the video itself doesn't seem to have any cuts throughout its lenght and other than their adapter, nothing else has been inserted into the 3DS.

Of course, they could just solder a real cartridge at the bottom of the PCB, connect it to the 3DS via the cables and leave the rest of the components there just for show, who knows, that's the whole point. You can't prove that video to be fake or real, not enough data is available.

I'm just gonna wait for a softmod of some sort. As much as I'd like to have a flashcart, obtaining them seems to have been getting risky as of late seeing as people are getting caught as well as lawsuits and whatnot. Plus Paypal no longer lets you buy them, so I'm out of options right there anyway.
If it's a 1:1 clone then it's undetectable. A softmod on the otherhand more than likely will be detectable quite easily.

Memfis

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Uhh...no. It IS a 1:1 flashcard according to the team itself. The ROM itself is still encrypted, it doesn't really use any exploit. The 3DS would think of it as just a gamecard. Perhaps this is where they got snagged, we don't know.
Hmmm, I´m not a hacker, but my thinking is that the software first must talk the the 3DS-system, use an expolit and THAN run the actual code. So that the 3DS understand what the card (game) what´s to do the software must talk to the system in the system´s language and must use it´s encryption.

The Crown3DS-Code isn´t sign by Nintendo, so they MUST use an expolit. I can´t see any way else. The only way it, that they found the keys and can sign the code self, but if this is so, the card would be released.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If it's a 1:1 clone then it's undetectable. A softmod on the otherhand more than likely will be detectable quite easily.

I'm sure someone will find ways to get around it. Wasn't it like that for the Wii, such as deleting certain logs and whatnot? Also, someone can always try to disguise the roms as certain channels and the system won't really know what is actually loaded.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm, I´m not a hacker, but my thinking is that the software first must talk the the 3DS-system, use an expolit and THAN run the actual code. So that the 3DS understand what the card (game) what´s to do the software must talk to the system in the system´s language and must use it´s encryption.

The Crown3DS-Code isn´t sign by Nintendo, so they MUST use an expolit. I can´t see any way else. The only way it, that they found the keys and can sign the code self, but if this is so, the card would be released.
A 1:1 clone is an EXACT replica of an object, in this case a game. The Crown3DS wouldn't be seen as a flashcard, it would be seen as whatever game is loaded into the memory. It sees it as a gamecard, no exploit, no code, it's just an EXACT COPY of the game on a different card. It'd be like...switching PCBs from one card to another.

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm sure someone will find ways to get around it. Wasn't it like that for the Wii, such as deleting certain logs and whatnot? Also, someone can always try to disguise the roms as certain channels and the system won't really know what is actually loaded.

It's not an exploit (like suprgamer said). With the Wii there was an exploit already, making it "possible" (although it became definite and done obviously) to run custom code. With this Crown3DS, or at least the concept, users cannot run custom code. However, it may save some money in the long run as exploit searchers won't have to pay for tons of games to find the "needle [exploitable game] in the haystack [hundreds+ of 3ds games]".

Additionally, I've looked at a few comments on the youtube page while I was bored. It's sad to see people think it's fake purely because it doesn't have menu. I think I died a little from both. If I remember right the original (like original original) GBA flash carts did something similar to this concept. I still don't believe it's real, although the concept is possible, but I'll gladly say it's real when I can physically hold a copy. (which may very well be never)

Memfis

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

A 1:1 clone is an EXACT replica of an object, in this case a game. The Crown3DS wouldn't be seen as a flashcard, it would be seen as whatever game is loaded into the memory. It sees it as a gamecard, no exploit, no code, it's just an EXACT COPY of the game on a different card. It'd be like...switching PCBs from one card to another.
That´s not possible. They can´t copy a game 1:1, because it´s still the same game. If they change only one character, the sign is invalid. Crown3DS want´s that you can load more than one game into the card, so they must create a little file manager for the roms. That need new code and new code must be signd, so that the 3DS accept it.

Yes, the card and ther software is LIKE an game, but the point is, that it must be signd by nintendo, because if it´s not the 3DS dont run the code. The other way is to hoodwink the system and that is doing by using an expolit.

If it is so easy only copy 1:1 from anything the hackers have found a way to use homebrew a year ago.

But I think we talk past each other. (Language barrier, because I can´t find theright words, because of my bad english?) Explain in detail what you mean how they work. Perhaps I understand. For now I think they must use an expolit to run there code.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
That´s not possible. They can´t copy a game 1:1, because it´s still the same game. If they change only one character, the sign is invalid. Crown3DS want´s that you can load more than one game into the card, so they must create a little file manager for the roms. That need new code and new code must be signd, so that the 3DS accept it.
Again. 1:1 copy. IIRC from the information given in the original topic, they plan on letting ONLY ONE ROM to be loaded into the card at a time. NO FILE MANAGER. JUST ONE.
Yes, the card and ther software is LIKE an game, but the point is, that it must be signd by nintendo, because if it´s not the 3DS dont run the code. The other way is to hoodwink the system and that is doing by using an expolit.
IT IS AN EXACT REPLICA. It's SEEN AS A GAME. No code has been changed, therefore it remains signed. Think of it as DS flashcards, all they do to trick the system is use header information from exploitable games. This would be the same thing with this card, but at a MUCH larger scale. The entire ONE GAME would have to be used to trick the system, and as I said only ONE GAME WILL BE LOADABLE AT A TIME.
If it is so easy only copy 1:1 from anything the hackers have found a way to use homebrew a year ago.
NO. 1:1 copy means NOTHING IS CHANGED. Therefore, it remains signed. Homebrew couldn't be loaded.
But I think we talk past each other. (Language barrier, because I can´t find theright words, because of my bad english?) Explain in detail what you mean how they work. Perhaps I understand. For now I think they must use an expolit to there code.
Most likely, but I think it's more you don't understand how it all works. But that's understandable due to the limited information we have on the card.

Reactions: 2 people

Memfis

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
OK, I´m a step further: They want to run a copy of game X. If they made this you can download the game from internet and put it into the card and run it. One game and if you want to play an other you must change the rom? That´s silly. If this is so, I can use my original games and don´t need a flashcard. And btw: A flashcard without the option to run own code like for emulators? Who want to buy this?

It makes only sense, if you can put more than one game into the flashcard and for that you need a file-manager, so that you can choose the rom. And that is the point I´m talking about: The file-manager is own code and that the file-manager can work the code must be sign or use an expolit.

You´ve right: The first step is to get run a copy from a game and if you made this, you understand a big thing about how the 3DS works. But the second step is what I wrote.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
OK, I´m a step further: They want to run a copy of game X. If they made this you can download the game from internet and put it into the card and run it. One game and if you want to play an other you must change the rom? That´s silly. If this is so, I can use my original games and don´t need a flashcard. And btw: A flashcard without the option to run own code like for emulators? Who want to buy this?

It makes only sense, if you can put more than one game into the flashcard and for that you need a file-manager, so that you can choose the rom. And that is the point I´m talking about: The file-manager is own code and that the file-manager can work the code must be sign or use an expolit.

You´ve right: The first step is to get run a copy from a game and if you made this, you understand a big thing about the how the 3DS works. But the secound step is what I wrote.
lol Piracy is why they'd want to buy it. That's basically the only reason this thing exists, piracy and "backup" loading. Not homebrew.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Okay, to dispel any confusion, I will try to explain this calmly and in as much detail as possible.

Imagine that the 3DS is a lock and a cartridge is a key. You recieve a key with the lock and this key opens it just fine. If you know how the lock itself works and are familiar with the mechanism (the firmware) then you can create a set of lockpicks (an edited save file or another exploit of the system) that will allow lockpicking (Running unsigned code - opening the door with something that is not a key at all). Thing is, if you're only interested in opening the lock the way it was designed to be opened (original, signed binaries) and you already know how the key (cartridge) is constructed then you can go to just about any locksmith and make an exact copy of the key which will allow you to open the door as if the copy was original. You cannot open the key in an illegitimate or creative way like with lockpicks, you cannot modify the default settings and capabilities of the lock due to lack of tools but you can use the copied key normally.

Do you understand now?

Reactions: 5 people

nukeboy95

Old skool member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You´ve right: The first step is to get run a copy from a game and if you made this, you understand a big thing about the how the 3DS works. But the secound step is what I wrote.
lol Piracy is why they'd want to buy it. That's basically the only reason this thing exists, piracy and "backup" loading. Not homebrew.

piracy is a way to get a job stoping piracy (you make a backup loader then show nintendo how to patch it)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
piracy is a way to get a job stoping piracy (you make a backup loader then show nintendo how to patch it)
You can't patch hardware. In fact, you can't even release a revision that will fix this. It's a fatal flaw of FLASH memory - two chips with the same data on them are pretty much *indistinguishable* via hardware means.

Reactions: 1 person

Memfis

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
OK, but changing the rom every time I want to play an other game? For me that´s absolutly silly. As I wrote above there are two reasons for me to use custom firmwares or flashcards:

1) Put all my games on one modul, so that I don´t must change the modul if I want to play an other game.
2) Run homebrew like emulators.

For me that´s more work as simply go to my cabinet and change the original moduls. If I use the flashcard I must remove the flashcard, put the micro-sd card onto my computer, delete the old rom, copy the new rom I want to play, put the micro-sd card into flashcard and put the flashcard into the 3DS and that every time I want to play an other game? Lol. Extremly silly and too time intensive.

I cant belive that this is the finish of Crown3DS. I think if they want to release a card, than there is a file-manager and the option to copy so much games onto your card until the space is full.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0