Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Warhammer.png

Stop: Warhammer time.

Creative Assembly is the development team behind the popular Total War series, a historically-based RTS franchise totally about war. The games have enjoyed quite a bit of attention, both positive and, in the recent case of Total War: Rome II and its vast array of glitches... not so positive.

Well, it looks like Total War will be shedding its historical theme as its set to collide with the Warhammer franchise.

A poster on the Total War Center received an early copy of "The Art of Total War." Beyond just talking about previous games, the book mentions that Total War: Warhammer is set to release sometime in the near future. The book is officially set to release on the 23rd, so expect an announcement from Creative Assembly soon.
:arrow:Total War Center (Post includes the relevant excerpt and shots of the book as proof)

So yeah. For all you Dawn of War fans waiting on a third game, hopefully this will help tide you over until the eventual heat death of the universe.

Reactions: crabsmack and djavs

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had not played much total war since the original and its expansion, and I have not played much of anything the Warhammer universe since Dark Omen (which I really did like, no least of all because it worked over serial cable for multiplayer) well over 10 years ago, nor did I ever care much for warhammer in general. However the meeting of the two does intrigue me.

TemplarGR

Gaming expert
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Well, if CA manages to deliver a bug-free and optimized experience (LOL), and reverses the trend of total war casualization (2x LOL), then this will become great...

lordgoober

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find this completely hilarious that this is being worked on considering Games Workshop (the creator and owner of the IP) is currently releasing a series of books that is essentially blowing up the current setting and if the rumors are correct for the next edition of the table top game is completely destroying the fluff and world as it is currently.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I find this completely hilarious that this is being worked on considering Games Workshop (the creator and owner of the IP) is currently releasing a series of books that is essentially blowing up the current setting and if the rumors are correct for the next edition of the table top game is completely destroying the fluff and world as it is currently.

Always an interesting gambit to watch attempted, I did not realise things were that bad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...