Creative Assembly working on Total War: Warhammer

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Gahars, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Gahars
    OP

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    Warhammer.png

Stop: Warhammer time.

Creative Assembly is the development team behind the popular Total War series, a historically-based RTS franchise totally about war. The games have enjoyed quite a bit of attention, both positive and, in the recent case of Total War: Rome II and its vast array of glitches... not so positive.

Well, it looks like Total War will be shedding its historical theme as its set to collide with the Warhammer franchise.

:arrow:Total War Center (Post includes the relevant excerpt and shots of the book as proof)

So yeah. For all you Dawn of War fans waiting on a third game, hopefully this will help tide you over until the eventual heat death of the universe.

crabsmack and djavs like this.
  2. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    Inb4 "Total warhammer" jokes.

Veho and T-hug like this.
  3. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    I had not played much total war since the original and its expansion, and I have not played much of anything the Warhammer universe since Dark Omen (which I really did like, no least of all because it worked over serial cable for multiplayer) well over 10 years ago, nor did I ever care much for warhammer in general. However the meeting of the two does intrigue me.

4. TemplarGR

TemplarGR Gaming expert

Sep 2, 2011
    Greece
    Well, if CA manages to deliver a bug-free and optimized experience (LOL), and reverses the trend of total war casualization (2x LOL), then this will become great...

5. Beware

Beware GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 5, 2007
    United States

I mostly think it was a missed opportunity.

6. lordgoober

lordgoober Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2010
    United States
    I find this completely hilarious that this is being worked on considering Games Workshop (the creator and owner of the IP) is currently releasing a series of books that is essentially blowing up the current setting and if the rumors are correct for the next edition of the table top game is completely destroying the fluff and world as it is currently.

7. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Always an interesting gambit to watch attempted, I did not realise things were that bad.

8. lordgoober

lordgoober Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2010
    United States
    if you go to www.warseer.com into their forums on the warhammer fantasy battles rumors section you can see how crazy the paranoia has gotten.