Creating Cheatcodes

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by squall_leonhart, May 19, 2011.

May 19, 2011

Creating Cheatcodes by squall_leonhart at 10:43 AM (537 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. squall_leonhart
    OP

squall_leonhart Newbie

Hi, I was bored and decided to go play around in the cheat department for the first time. now i ran into a smaller problem. as I was playing the game and found the following address the game displays the changes, but... it freezes and after a little moment it makes a "tick" sound and the PSP goes to black. so anyone able to explain, (can also be in PM) what the problem is? here is one of the addresses I found.

Game:
    Code:
    Dissidia Final Fantasy Duodecim 012 (Europe)
    ULES-01505
    This is one of the HP codes I found for Terra Branford (Lv.100)
    (when pressing the /\ to enter the status screen the HP value will indeed be changed, however in the lower left on the game screen the HP value stays at 8362)

Code:
    Address: 0x0973FF8C - Value.Hex: 0x000020AA - Value.Dec: 8362 (changes the value for HP infront of the /)
    Address: 0x0973FF90 - Value.Hex: 0x000020AA - Value.Dec: 8362 (changes the value for HP behind the /)

and changed it to: 

Address: 0x0973FF8C - Value.Hex: 0x0000270F - Value.Dec: 9999
    Address: 0x0973FF90 - Value.Hex: 0x0000270F - Value.Dec: 9999
    Would appreciate if someone will beable to help out on this matter.
    Therefor my thanks in advance

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    The actual values and the display values are not always the same variable, it's possible to change one without affecting another... so sometimes people will make codes that change the display one and publish it not realizing it doesn't change the real one.

3. squall_leonhart
    OP

squall_leonhart Newbie

Yes, and that is probally that is what making the PSP crash pretty much. I am gonna assume it has something to do with the variation of bits (8, 16, 32) as I am playing around on TempAR.

4. Rydian

United States
    If it's an 8-bit value and you lock it as something higher (for example) then you are affecting more variables than just the one, so that could cause issues.

5. squall_leonhart
    OP

squall_leonhart Newbie

thx so far the search results have changed drasticly be seeking at different bit levels, some went from 4 results to 33 results, still need to learn alot more but it gives something to do.

6. Rydian

United States
    Even with modern games it's easy to see grouping. If you happen to know that one stat of a character is at 00103D9B and you're searching for another stat and one of the results is in the 0010Dxxx area, it's the most likely one.

That, and just waiting a while and doing more filtering (and random types of filtering, such as equals versus not equals instead of the same filter over and over).

7. squall_leonhart
    OP

squall_leonhart Newbie

currently i am doing it like equiping and unequiping items that changes HP and see if there is a value that changes value but not address.