Hacking Creating Backups - Clean Rip or Backup Loader?

  • Thread starter Thread starter game_rat
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 4,723
  • Replies Replies 3

game_rat

Well-Known Member
Newcomer
Joined
Feb 7, 2011
Messages
99
Reaction score
10
Trophies
1
XP
211
Country
United States
I've been using USB Loader GX 3.0 for backing up my DVD games but I've read in some areas that "Clean Rip" is a better app to use. So far my backups play fine but is there an advantage to using "Clean Rip" ?
 
I think USB Loader GX has a setting that lets you choose if you want to copy everything or only the game partition (leaving the update partition aside). I don't know is there's any difference between the "copy all" setting and the Clean Rip you mentioned, but I thought I'd leave this detail here.
 
I've been using USB Loader GX 3.0 for backing up my DVD games but I've read in some areas that "Clean Rip" is a better app to use. So far my backups play fine but is there an advantage to using "Clean Rip" ?
Cleanrip makes a 1:1 ISO disk image copy of your games. The backup loaders' rip functions usually do it in WBFS format which is smaller but if you wanted an untrimmed ISO image later you could just convert it with Wii Backup Manager so I don't really see that much benefit the Cleanrip way unless the backup loader's rip wasn't working for you. In that case you could always see if the full disk image got it working.
 
Cleanrip makes a 1:1 ISO disk image copy of your games. The backup loaders' rip functions usually do it in WBFS format which is smaller but if you wanted an untrimmed ISO image later you could just convert it with Wii Backup Manager so I don't really see that much benefit the Cleanrip way unless the backup loader's rip wasn't working for you. In that case you could always see if the full disk image got it working.

Good to know, thanks for clarifying
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted