Hacking Creating a NNID

darkfuturez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a N3DSXL on 9.0U firmware. The sysnand is unlinked and everything is setup using Cakes CFW. Recently I read about the IronFall 1.0 hax by smealum and I decided I'd like to download that game as a backup entry point. However, I can't seem to figure out how to create a NNID now. My 3DS complains about updating the system software in both sysnand and emunand.

Does anyone know the process to create a NNID? I have all my CIA games installed etc., and boot to HBL using the L trigger.

Elaugaufein

Trophies
XP
Country
You create a NNID in System Settings. Which means if you have the standard downgraded MSET (4.X or 6.X) you can only create it in EmuNAND (since it wasn't introduced until after 6.X).

grubgrub

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I downloaded ironfall on my 9.0:E emunand a few days ago:

Just one problem for me:
When i start up ironfall and create a new game, in the settings the version shows 1.0
But installing the ironfall modified save file from the homebrew launcher crashes the system for me.
Not too sure what the issue is, but at least I got the exploitable ironhax.

I already had a NNID, and was able to enter the eshop by following the instructions below:
Once the files below are installed you may be able to enter the eshop and set up your NNID

These are the steps I took.

First backup your microsd card, if anything goes wrong you can just copy over you backup files

1) Download the latest starter pack from http://smealum.github.io/3ds/
Rename the boot.3dsx in the starter pack to nhax.3dsx (this is homebrew launcher boot file)
Copy the starter pack over your microsd card

2) Download the otherapp payload as well, 9.0.0.28 (28 as you will update the to that number using NVer in step 5).

Rename this to: hblauncherloader_otherapp_payload_NEW-9-0-0-28-USA.bin
Use notepad ++ to edit the hblauncherloader_otherapp_payload_NEW-9-0-0-28-USA.bin. Search for boot.3dsx and replace with nhax.3dsx
Place this on the root of the micro sd card.

(I assume you have the ropbin file, which was needed for the themehax auto boot emunand)

3) Download the cia homebrew launcher from:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...loader-for-cfw-users-cia-hbl-launcher.404151/

4) Use 3DNUS to download the NVer (000400DB20016302 v448).

FYI: http://yls8.mtheall.com/ninupdates/titlelist.php?date=10-19-15_08-05-28&sys=ktr

Refer to https://gbatemp.net/threads/3dnus.376488/ for 3DNUS

Once 3DNUS is running input "000400DB20016302" as the Title id and "448" as the version. This will download the NVer cia file.
Copy this to the root of the microsd card

5) Place the microsc card back in the N3ds and boot in emunand, use FBI or other cia installer to install NVer file and the homebrew launcher cia

6) Start up the homebrew launcher app that just installed.

If its giving the flashing red screen or yellow screen, hold the power button to switch it off and start up emunand again. Disconnect the wifi and start the homebrew launcher again to check the error message. It may be an incorrect spelling of the other app file name.

Once you can enter the homebrew launcher, enable the wifi.

Now to try to enter the eshop:
Try one of these steps

7) Start HANS and press the right or left directional buttons to select the eshop app and start up HANS.
This will enter the normal eshop. Create a NNID if possible.

Once you create the NNID and can enter the eshop, exit this eshop (You may have to restart the console to exit eshop, my home button was not exiting the shop)
Start the old eshop from the homebrew menu without using HANS, refer to step 8.

8) To enter the old eshop to download ironhax 1.0, start up emunand > homebrew launcher and select the old eshop app (The icon with the I scribbled). Search for ironfall and download. (You may be able to create a NNID straight from this step , but im not sure)

Hope this helps

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded ironfall on my 9.0:E emunand a few days ago:

Just one problem for me:
When i start up ironfall and create a new game, in the settings the version shows 1.0
But installing the ironfall modified save file from the homebrew launcher crashes the system for me.
Not too sure what the issue is, but at least I got the exploitable ironhax.

I already had a NNID, and was able to enter the eshop by following the instructions below:
Once the files below are installed you may be able to enter the eshop and set up your NNID

These are the steps I took.

First backup your microsd card, if anything goes wrong you can just copy over you backup files

1) Download the latest starter pack from http://smealum.github.io/3ds/
Rename the boot.3dsx in the starter pack to nhax.3dsx (this is homebrew launcher boot file)
Copy the starter pack over your microsd card

2) Download the otherapp payload as well, 9.0.0.28 (28 as you will update the to that number using NVer in step 5).

Rename this to: hblauncherloader_otherapp_payload_NEW-9-0-0-28-USA.bin
Use notepad ++ to edit the hblauncherloader_otherapp_payload_NEW-9-0-0-28-USA.bin. Search for boot.3dsx and replace with nhax.3dsx
Place this on the root of the micro sd card.

(I assume you have the ropbin file, which was needed for the themehax auto boot emunand)

3) Download the cia homebrew launcher from:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...loader-for-cfw-users-cia-hbl-launcher.404151/

4) Use 3DNUS to download the NVer (000400DB20016302 v448).

FYI: http://yls8.mtheall.com/ninupdates/titlelist.php?date=10-19-15_08-05-28&sys=ktr

Refer to https://gbatemp.net/threads/3dnus.376488/ for 3DNUS

Once 3DNUS is running input "000400DB20016302" as the Title id and "448" as the version. This will download the NVer cia file.
Copy this to the root of the microsd card

5) Place the microsc card back in the N3ds and boot in emunand, use FBI or other cia installer to install NVer file and the homebrew launcher cia

6) Start up the homebrew launcher app that just installed.

If its giving the flashing red screen or yellow screen, hold the power button to switch it off and start up emunand again. Disconnect the wifi and start the homebrew launcher again to check the error message. It may be an incorrect spelling of the other app file name.

Once you can enter the homebrew launcher, enable the wifi.

Now to try to enter the eshop:
Try one of these steps

7) Start HANS and press the right or left directional buttons to select the eshop app and start up HANS.
This will enter the normal eshop. Create a NNID if possible.

Once you create the NNID and can enter the eshop, exit this eshop (You may have to restart the console to exit eshop, my home button was not exiting the shop)
Start the old eshop from the homebrew menu without using HANS, refer to step 8.

8) To enter the old eshop to download ironhax 1.0, start up emunand > homebrew launcher and select the old eshop app (The icon with the I scribbled). Search for ironfall and download. (You may be able to create a NNID straight from this step , but im not sure)

Hope this helps
The NVER and TIGER fix only works if you have a Gateway card and its easier to run FMP than HANS

D

Deleted-236924

Ironfall requires a minimum of 9.3 (?) to run, so even if you downloaded it to sysnand, it would be useless to you.
As for downloading it to emunand, you will never need a backup entry point on emunand.

grubgrub

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
The NVER and TIGER fix only works if you have a Gateway card and its easier to run FMP than HANS

Nver works with N3ds on cfw. I may be wrong, I thought it was required to enter eshop so i installed it.
I havnet installed TIGER.
Once Nver is installed, I can use HANS to enter the eshop from the homebrew menu

Ironfall requires a minimum of 9.3 (?) to run, so even if you downloaded it to sysnand, it would be useless to you.
As for downloading it to emunand, you will never need a backup entry point on emunand.

Yea thats true, not very useful for emunand. I just installed Ironfall to emunand for fun. Gave me an excuse to get the ehop working again. It runs on emunand as the emunand has firmlaunch enabled.
Didnt want to go through the hassel of installing it in sysnand as i already have cubic ninja. Would have to delete the emunand NNID and set up the sysnand NNID, too much work.

Last edited by grubgrub,

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nver works with N3ds on cfw, from what I've read, its required to enter eshop
I havnet installed TIGER.
Once Nver is installed, I can use HANS to enter the eshop from the homebrew menu

Yea thats true, not very useful for emunand. I just installed Ironfall to emunand for fun. Gave me an excuse to get the ehop working again. It runs on emunand as the emunand has firmlaunch enabled.
Didnt want to go through the hassel of installing it in sysnand as i already have cubic ninja. Would have to delete the emunand NNID and set up the sysnand NNID, too much work.
It used to work you will just get an error when trying to download stuff

D

Deleted-236924

On sysnand it would be 100% useless as you will require patches to be able to run it if your firmware is too low.
Meaning, to run it you'd need to be able to run your CFW already anyway, so you'd already have another working entry point.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: New Ninjas welcome :ninja: