Hacking Create RedNand on Sysnand 9.2 / Gateway

ElementalityDE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm still using menuhax to boot the Gatewaylauncher in order to play my backups. Because of the bad boot rate, i decided to switch to armloaderhax following Plailect's Guide on GitHub.
I'm stuck at Part 3. I want to create a RedNand using Emunand9.
After selecting "Complete RedNAND Setup" and pressing A to continue, i'm stuck at 0%.
What can i do now?

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is your SD actually reading on your 3DS, and do you think your sd card might be faulty? (More specifically, did you get it from China?)

By the way, you're using Gateway and never set up an EmuNand on it? I'm really curious about that! (Unless you just got it after downgrading, then you might have a bad downgrade)

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already have a EmuNand. Do i even have to install RedNand?
You don't, actually! EmuNand is the same as RedNand, except for the way it works in the background (and it also saves about 100MB)

If you intend to follow the guide all the way through and set up A9LH on SysNand, you won't actually need EmuNand nor RedNand and just do everything on SysNand.

EDIT: Actually, it might be safer not to rely on Gateway Nand and switch to EmuNand/RedNand using EmuNand9 (due to it being closed-source), but that's probably a question for the developer. However, note that if you do not back up your /Nintendo 3DS/ folder and EmuNand (or your SysNand before you formatted it the first time you were hacking), then you will probably lose all your eShop games/NNID. If you're gonna stay safe and attempt a proper setup with EmuNand9, you might want to get your games reading on your SysNand again first.

Last edited by CrispyYoshi,

ElementalityDE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i have solved the problem. I was pressing A all the time, but i have to type in the whole combination.
RedNand successfully created. Now i have to launch Luma3DS. But nothing happens after the red flash on the lower screen.
My MicroSD is kind of messy because i don't know what i can delete and what not. I'll post a screenshot if someone want's to clean it up :-)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...