Create/Link Nintendo Network ID without updating?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by roywall, Jan 7, 2016.

1. roywall
    OP

roywall Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2016
    Canada
    I have a 5.3.2 U System with the Mario Kart 8 DLC bundle. I would like to add the DLC with the code that came with the bundle, but I assume this requires accessing the E-shop, which requires updating (which I don't want to do). I noticed Cyan posted a workaround to access the E-shop without updating, but when I try this it tells me I need to link a Nintendo Network ID. When I try to do that it says it needs an update to access online services. This fails since I'm using tubehaxdns and blocking the update servers through my router. So I guess my question is if it's possible to create/link a Nintendo Network ID without updating. I'd like to stay on 5.3.2 for loadiine. I realize you can't use the dlc in loadiine, but I'd like to use it on a normal boot.

2. piratesephiroth

piratesephiroth I wish I could read

Sep 5, 2013
    Brazil
    Yeah my Wii U came with a download code for Wind Waker but I can't redeem it because I can't link an NNID.
    :ohnoes:

3. SirBeethoven

SirBeethoven 3.145.... something. E=mc2

Nov 26, 2015
    United States
    I don't know either, I tried to post this earlier for the 3DS and nobody answered. Maybe soon hans-fwspoofing for WiiU will come out since the IOSU exploit will come out soon (as it is right now) before Febuary

4. otto888

otto888 I break things for a living.

Mar 12, 2008
    United States
    Have you spoofed your version to 5.5? I have mine spoofed and I was able to link my Nintendo ID just fine, also on 5.3.2. I was also able to make one for a family member with no issues.

5. SirBeethoven

SirBeethoven 3.145.... something. E=mc2

Nov 26, 2015
    United States
    You can spoof your WiiU? Can you provide links please? :D (If it's not to much to ask of coarse)

6. Garou

Garou GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 13, 2015
  7. Margen67

Margen67 Dirty entited pirate

Banned
    Nov 3, 2014
    United States
    You should download the game so you can bitch about the update then ask if there's any exploits for 5.5.0 :^)
    Gotta update for that Stability™

piratesephiroth likes this.
  8. roywall
    OP

roywall Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2016
    Canada
    Thanks for the replies. I was hoping there was a way other than spoofing, but maybe I'll try that.