Create CIAs of system apps

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Naendow, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Naendow
    OP

Naendow Brick-Master

Jan 4, 2016
    Germany
    Hey guys

So, I want to uninstall a few system apps on my New 3DS, like the camera and the music apps. But are there any system apps that mustn't get uninstalled?
    And is there a way to back them up except a NAND backup? I use Aureinand with my sysnand (A9LH).

Thx for answering :)

2. Giodude

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    I'm not too sure how to tell what file name is what, but I know fbi can uninstall any NAND app, but what I do is on the very edge of my homescreen i have a "useless" folder, surrounded by the fire badge. If you want to backup a nand app use jk save manager.if you ever have a change in heart download it again from 3dnus

Last edited by Giodude, Apr 17, 2016
  3. Pikm

Pikm Thy Lord and Savior

Jan 24, 2016
    United States
    Delaware
    Why do you need to uninstall these apps? They're tied to the NAND, so they don't take up SD space.

4. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    create cias of system apps? this is exactly how we distribute fw files...
    we have been doing this for more than a year i think :)

you can safely delete many some system apps. things like system settings... you can delete, it is ok, i have done it, it can be useful in some special situations :D
    but naturally you will need stuff like home menu! if you want to delete the stuff like camera, i am sure you will be fine.
    if it has a icon on the home menu... i guess you can delete it safely.

Naendow likes this.