create channels on wii-u for vwii games

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by LordOrwell, Apr 5, 2017.

1. LordOrwell
    OP

LordOrwell Member

Newcomer
    Apr 5, 2017
    United States
    possibly impossible but then again...
    I want to have my main wii-U carousel have the wii games on it also. If this is possible it will negate the need for two drives. I had this idea installing skyward sword, which is a wii title, but it installs as a virtual console title. I'm willing to jump through hoops here including taking a current title and replacing data. My wii has cfw. Any ideas?

2. CreeperMario

CreeperMario GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 18, 2016
    Australia
    OSv10 v15702
    There is a program called HBL2HBC that allows you to launch a vWii title directly from your Wii U Menu or from HBL (Wii U side).

In terms of installing it, you can only install it once, unless you re-build the NUS package with a different title ID. I'm not quite sure how to do this, though.

3. x65943

x65943 Resident Greekaboo, Amateur Dog Father

Jun 23, 2014
    United States
    Indiana
    Unfortunately you cannot currently swap vc wii titles (akin to injecting ds games). Dimok was working on it, but I don't know how far he got with it.

4. LordOrwell
    OP

LordOrwell Member

Newcomer
    Apr 5, 2017
    United States
    just launching usbloader gx from a wii-u channel would be good enough i suppose. It would still require two drives though. Some of the best wii games don't look like they've ever come to vc. Example: Okami.

5. LordOrwell
    OP

LordOrwell Member

Newcomer
    Apr 5, 2017
    United States
    I think hbl2hbc is what i want. I can load usbloader gx with it, and with that i can launch anything including the emulators.

Benja81 likes this.
  6. Benja81

Benja81 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 24, 2015
    United States
    Let us know if you get that working. Would be a lot easier.

7. LordOrwell
    OP

LordOrwell Member

Newcomer
    Apr 5, 2017
    United States
    i did get it working. Check this thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-wiiu2hbc-a-hbl2hbc-forwarder-channel.455991/ I edited the menu to show option to boot either usb loader or nintendont. Now i know what you're thinking: Usbloader implements nintendont but it only partially does. My gamecube roms are plugged into usb 4 which usb loader gx can't see. Currently i have two hard drives and a 128gb flash drive and a 32gb ssd card. The only way i've been able to get everything to play nice and work without me unplugging stuff was plugging the wii drive in 0, with 1 supplying extra power, 2 has a usb powered hub connected which has a wii-u drive (1tb) connected to it as well as a usb controller and a usb dongle for my harmony remote. Slot 3 has the usb stick for nintendon't and any roms i wish to have will go on the sd card.

8. kehkou

kehkou does what Nintendon't

Dec 19, 2009
    United States
    The Duke City
    This is something I've been wondering myself. Imagine launching vWii VC games that don't run in Wii U mode (SF2, Duke Nukem 64) from the Wii U Menu, with Wii U style VC banners and everything. The only thing would be no save states.

9. CeeDee

CeeDee hm?~

May 4, 2014
    United States
    somewhere
    I do this often with VC injects. You'd have to edit the various xml files with title IDs in them, in the meta and code folders.