LordOrwell

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
possibly impossible but then again...
I want to have my main wii-U carousel have the wii games on it also. If this is possible it will negate the need for two drives. I had this idea installing skyward sword, which is a wii title, but it installs as a virtual console title. I'm willing to jump through hoops here including taking a current title and replacing data. My wii has cfw. Any ideas?

D

Deleted User

There is a program called HBL2HBC that allows you to launch a vWii title directly from your Wii U Menu or from HBL (Wii U side).

In terms of installing it, you can only install it once, unless you re-build the NUS package with a different title ID. I'm not quite sure how to do this, though.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately you cannot currently swap vc wii titles (akin to injecting ds games). Dimok was working on it, but I don't know how far he got with it.

LordOrwell

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just launching usbloader gx from a wii-u channel would be good enough i suppose. It would still require two drives though. Some of the best wii games don't look like they've ever come to vc. Example: Okami.

LordOrwell

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think hbl2hbc is what i want. I can load usbloader gx with it, and with that i can launch anything including the emulators.

Reactions: Benja81

LordOrwell

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did get it working. Check this thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-wiiu2hbc-a-hbl2hbc-forwarder-channel.455991/ I edited the menu to show option to boot either usb loader or nintendont. Now i know what you're thinking: Usbloader implements nintendont but it only partially does. My gamecube roms are plugged into usb 4 which usb loader gx can't see. Currently i have two hard drives and a 128gb flash drive and a 32gb ssd card. The only way i've been able to get everything to play nice and work without me unplugging stuff was plugging the wii drive in 0, with 1 supplying extra power, 2 has a usb powered hub connected which has a wii-u drive (1tb) connected to it as well as a usb controller and a usb dongle for my harmony remote. Slot 3 has the usb stick for nintendon't and any roms i wish to have will go on the sd card.

kehkou

does what Nintendon't
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is something I've been wondering myself. Imagine launching vWii VC games that don't run in Wii U mode (SF2, Duke Nukem 64) from the Wii U Menu, with Wii U style VC banners and everything. The only thing would be no save states.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In terms of installing it, you can only install it once, unless you re-build the NUS package with a different title ID. I'm not quite sure how to do this, though.
I do this often with VC injects. You'd have to edit the various xml files with title IDs in them, in the meta and code folders.

LordOrwell

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in keeping with the purpose of this thread, usb helper tool has an injector tool now. It doesn't have a huge list of supported games yet, but it's getting the popular ones first. Not only wii but i've converted 3 gamecube games also.

Last edited by LordOrwell,

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll never understand why someone needs 300+ games. Just play one game at a time and when you are done playing it remove it. Just my way of playing games. I can't conceivably see any scenario where someone needs more than 300 games install on their Wii u.

LordOrwell

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll never understand why someone needs 300+ games. Just play one game at a time and when you are done playing it remove it. Just my way of playing games. I can't conceivably see any scenario where someone needs more than 300 games install on their Wii u.
i never finish games. It's an adhd thing. I have probably a hundred steam games and have beaten one of them. If i find a game repetitive i have to quit playing it for a while. A lot of the games on the wii u i don't play at all. They are there for when we babysit. I have disney just dance for example and minecraft, which i think is retarded. I spend 90% of my time playing mario maker (again - an attention span thing)

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i never finish games. It's an adhd thing. I have probably a hundred steam games and have beaten one of them. If i find a game repetitive i have to quit playing it for a while. A lot of the games on the wii u i don't play at all. They are there for when we babysit. I have disney just dance for example and minecraft, which i think is retarded. I spend 90% of my time playing mario maker (again - an attention span thing)
Fair enough

LordOrwell

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fair enough
Actually im probably not in danger. I thought the limit was 200. In reality i probably have 100. I own every single zelda and mario game. Thats like 25 right there. Mega man filled up another 15 or so. You get the idea.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple