Homebrew Crash when downgrading.. (A9LH)

codeluca

OP
Trophies
Website
www.lucacesarano.tk
XP
Country
Italy
Guys, just received new 3ds, installed menuhax, booted SysUpdater and it crashed during downgrade step with plaiSysUpdater, md5 checked correctly and I copied everything with teracopy to check crc.

Now it crashed during the downgrade and immediately appeared this window, what I have to do?

Attachments

• Foto del 29-03-16 alle 15.39.jpg
    Foto del 29-03-16 alle 15.39.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 506

codeluca

OP
Trophies
Website
www.lucacesarano.tk
XP
Country
Italy
I removed the sd card and it booted in 9.2.0-20E, but i think it is a partial downgrade (assuming the fact that it crashed on the downgrade and it cannot boot with the sd card, but i'm just a newbie, so I do not really know). Tell me I can do something to fix everything or just tell me what I have to do to hack this 3ds.

Last edited by codeluca,

codeluca

OP
Trophies
Website
www.lucacesarano.tk
XP
Country
Italy
Don't worry, thank you for your help. Hoping someone answers here soon :sad:

Edit: https://gbatemp.net/threads/a-small-thread-on-how-to-tell-if-you-got-an-incomplete-downgrade.408937/

5. If the first time you run Sysupdater and it only installs a couple files and does "NDS needs to be powered off" error, this also means you've got an incomplete downgrade.

So I think I'm on a partial downgrade. Can I do something to restore a system with the browserhax exploit (like 9.6, 10.3 or else) and retry the downgrade?

If could be useful: I do not have OOT or SMB or Cubic Ninja, I have a Gateway blue/red card, I do not have a Hard mod.

Last edited by codeluca,

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
If you cannot boot with the sd card inside, turn on your 3ds without it and once you see the home menu, insert it and change the theme.

There are the chance you're still able to use browserhax (using the qr code)

Also, maybe your gw card works if you downgraded enought titles.

If you manage to run homebrew again, try running this to see how many titles are diferent from the 9.2 ones https://github.com/svanheulen/downgrade_check/releases

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you think Sysupdater let me do the downgrade just with five titles ? Sorry for asking but, did someone already do that? I'm so worried of everything right now :S
I know people downgrading to 9.2 after a second downgrade. The thing I don't know is if sysupdater would try to install again a cia that is already installed risking the 3ds again or will simply ignore the cias already installed and install only the mismatched ones

Edit: you can ignore the extra title, so you only need to install 4 titles

Last edited by Arubaro,

codeluca

OP
Trophies
Website
www.lucacesarano.tk
XP
Country
Italy
I know people downgrading to 9.2 after a second downgrade. The thing I don't know is if sysupdater would try to install again a cia that is already installed risking the 3ds again or will simply ignore the cias already installed and install only the mismatched ones

Probably is better wait for someone who did that and confirm this.

Maybe is just a stupid idea, but can't I update to 10.3 or 9.6 or anything compatible with browserhax manually with some homebrew in hbl and then downgrading to 9.2 again?

Last edited by codeluca,

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Probably is better wait for someone who did that and confirm this.

Maybe is just a stupid idea, but can't I update to 10.3 manually with some homebrew in hbl and then downgrading to 9.2 again?
You would need to run sysupdater again to update and sysupdater again to downgrade.

There are only 4 mismatched titles, so I think there is no need to update/downgrade the whole thing again

Reactions: codeluca

codeluca

OP
Trophies
Website
www.lucacesarano.tk
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you, on an italian forum i just found that this is a common problem and they solved rerunning sysupdated just for the missing titles, just like you said. Honestly I trust more GBATemp, so I think I'm gonna wait someone here.

PS: My angry english must be terrible.. :hateit:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Ohhh just noticed that myself I bet it makes the Master System port look amazing by comparison lol