Hacking Crash upon looking at game icon: ARM9 Data Abort

Evanrm3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The background: I know literally nothing about this stuff. I bought this modded 3DS on eBay. It worked fine for a while, until I tried to move a .CIA from a micro SD card to the main SD card. The installation went smoothly, but as soon as it was finished, I discovered that the system now crashes every time I look at the homepage icons for two different games that had worked fine before. Additionally, and most worryingly, it also crashes when I go into data settings to try and manually delete them
From the system, so deleting anything on this DS is impossible. In all instances, the error message is the same: “an exception occurred. Processor: ARM9. Exception type: data abort.

Additional info: the 3DS is equipped with Luma and FBI and all that. The installed version of Luma seems to be 9.1-89cc6ed. Currently when I open Luma it takes me to “updater v2.3,” and won’t display anything else until I update. I have been reluctant to do so yet.

When I originally installed the .cia’s the console game with through FBI, I chose to install and delete, so the original .cia’s no longer exist.

I can’t fjnd where in FBI the current installed games are, but I when I go under “tickets,” it displays a long list of digit sequences, two of which are red as opposed to green. I have the option to delete things here, but have not yet. I think this might be a clue, but I don’t know.

As mentioned, I don’t know what any of this means, much less how to fix the issue without bricking my 3DS. Can anyone point me in the right direction here?

Evanrm3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: did some digging.

One red ticket is 000400000017B200, which is for Zero Time Dilemma. I had previously tried to install this but the install failed. Could it have left a ticket in there to cause some problem?

The second red ticket is 0004000000D59100, which according to the Internet is for something called DSP1- dsp firm dumper.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

One more update:

Found a list of titles on the DS in FBI. Seems like I should be able to delete titles from there, but opening it crashes the system after a few seconds as well, with the same error message as always.

Nacho_o

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I hope i'm not reviving the thread, but i know how to fix it, i got that bug today with rytmik ultimate, you have to reinstall the cia, rewriting it, then you can use ir again or enter to setting yo delete it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, is that kinda like bonzi buddy?