Crap computer problems

ThePanchamBros

Hates the Undertale Fandom
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so i found this old laptop (Dell, 2002) that's running windows xp and I'm trying to upgrade it to windows 7 so I can give it to my little brother so he can play G-mod and stuff. but first, I would like to delete everything off the pc except the os to get the tons of adware off it. Any help doing that?

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna guess that computer's not capable of Windows 7 or frankly any kind of 3D gaming in the first place.

As for cleaning, it'd probably be best to just do a fresh install of XP. I doubt you'll have much luck but if you want to try upgrading to Vista/7 from there, that's your choice.

Deleted member 355359

Trophies
XP
Country
Mongolia
If you only have adware, run AdwCleaner, it's a really great software to remove it. Just make sure you have the legit version:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/dl/125/
The best way to clear your data is just to delete your user and make a new one

If you can, skip all of this and reinstall Windows. A reinstall is the best way to generally do this.

ThePanchamBros

Hates the Undertale Fandom
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna guess that computer's not capable of Windows 7 or frankly any kind of 3D gaming in the first place.

As for cleaning, it'd probably be best to just do a fresh install of XP. I doubt you'll have much luck but if you want to try upgrading to Vista/7 from there, that's your choice.
I got a free version of windows 7, I'm gonna try it, if not I'm just gonna try a factory reset

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'd consider Chromebooks an Android PC. +1