cracked wads from sd card

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by funnystory, Apr 14, 2009.

Apr 14, 2009

cracked wads from sd card by funnystory at 10:39 PM (1,385 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. funnystory
    OP

Banned funnystory Banned

United States
    I want to be able to run cracked wads from my sd card on 4.0.I have preloader 0.29 ciosrev10 usbloader homebrew channel and wii+gamecube backup launchers.How can i run cracked vs games from my sd card.thanks

2. Hells Guardian

Member Hells Guardian GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I don't know what you would have to do to fix it but my pirated VC games all launch just fine from the SD Card.

I updated through the Waninkoko updater.

3. funnystory
    OP

Banned funnystory Banned

United States
    thats why i updated through nintendo.I would rather avoid using the cioscorp because im unsure about them right now

4. masamunecyrus

Newcomer masamunecyrus Advanced Member

United States
    I don't know what you did or didn't do, but I followed this guide and it works fine.

However, if you want to make it faster, you can skip steps 1 and 2 and then in step three choose "network install" instead of "wad install".

5. nicksasa

Member nicksasa GBAtemp Maniac

Belgium
    your screwed man NEVER update trough nintendo you could ue icefire's updater, waninkoko's one or mine

Posts merged

your screwed man NEVER uodate trough nintendo you could of used my installer,waninkokop's one or icefire's one

6. funnystory
    OP

Banned funnystory Banned

United States
    well i actually followed a different guide.I know for a fact i am not skrewed.In fact i have an idea on how to fix it.its a tool that patched ios60 but i dont know if it will mess up preloader

7. maduin

Member maduin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    it should work, but right now you have to load them into system memory first, and then move then to your SD card through your data managment, you can't just load the wads to your SD card and have them run.

8. gloscherrybomb

Member gloscherrybomb GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    funnystory,

install preloader.

install patched IOS 60.

you will get a soft brick. (no way to avoid it). load preloader and using HBC reinstall preloader. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES DELETE ANY IOS, including the patched one you just installed.

After reinstalling preloader, it should work.

I had the same problem... its because some guides tell you to update using waninkokos 4.0 and cios36 rev 9/10 but forget to tell you to install the fixed IOS60 which is required for SD loading.

Same thing happened to me but I didnt realise I had to reinstall preloader and instead deleted the IOS and full bricked my wii.

9. Slowking

Member Slowking GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    There is actually a pretty easy way to avoid it. Just install preloader after the patched IOS60.

10. funnystory
    OP

Banned funnystory Banned

United States
    alright thanks bro

11. icebrg5

Member icebrg5 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    i installed cIOS rev9 then updated to 4.0 from 3.2 through nintendo.
    Then i ran IOS downgrader(NOT CIOS DOWNGRADER) from waninkoko.
    And i can play cracked wads from the SD card just fine.

Heres the guide i used

http://www.yafaze.com/wii/4.0updateguide.html

I used method one because at the time a lot of people were reporting high failures of updating using waninkokos updater.

You can use method 2 which uses his updater and then you wouldnt have to run IOS downgrader afterwards.

12. funnystory
    OP

Banned funnystory Banned

United States
    is that wad the same as the 60bf.wad?So in theory i would have to reinstall preloader?

13. icebrg5

Member icebrg5 GBAtemp Addict

United States

If your talking about the one in the guide i used i dont think it because when i updated to 4.0 and all that stuff i never had preloader installed before hand and my system never got corrupted.

I think in that guide that the IOS 60 gets patched before you upgrade to 4.0 where was doing it with the 60bf wad your doing it after updating to 4.0 and preloader already uses ios60 and thats what corrupts it.

Its something like that to be honest i cant remember for shit because theres 1,000 + guides and everyone of them is different or uses different names files to do the same exact thing.

To be safe i would send a PM to kongnutz on this board.Hes the author of those guides on that site.