Homebrew CPS1 & CPS2 Emulators for NDS/Newer Flashcards.

Jugarina

OP
Trophies
Website
youngevity.com
XP
Country
United States
It has been asked in the past like in 09 If the NDS could handle CPS1 or CPS2 emulation and most people back then said no because the NDS was not quite powerful enough to emulate those games on the current old gen flashcards like R4.

With the newer flashcards like the DSTwo, wouldn't It be possible to do this now?

I want to be able to play Darkstalkers and the Marvel and Streetfighter games on the NDS.

I am thinking that since the Neogs emulator/Neogeo games play so well on the NDS that cps1 and cps2 emulation should be possible now.

What do you guys think? I know people want cps1 and cps2 emulation on the NDS, could we make It happen?

Maybe we could port the PSP CPS emulators to the NDS....???

Jugarina

OP
Trophies
Website
youngevity.com
XP
Country
United States
I really didn't want to have to buy another system for this but If that's what It takes I guess I would. Which PSP system is the best version to get? There is like 3 models and now the PSPgo version...

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ZeroDeception said:
I really didn't want to have to buy another system for this but If that's what It takes I guess I would. Which PSP system is the best version to get? There is like 3 models and now the PSPgo version...
I could be wrong but I think the higher the model (1000, 2000, 3000, Go) the 'worse' they are for custom stuff.

I'm also not familiar with the Dingoo, but that has a lot of emulators on it too, so that might be a possibility.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ZeroDeception said:
So your saying the PSP 1000 is the one to get then. What is the difference between the model 1000 and 1001?
No clue... I don't even own a PSP.
Your best bet is to check out the PSP subforum. I can only tell you what I think I know, and I'd hate to give bad advice.

Jugarina

OP
Trophies
Website
youngevity.com
XP
Country
United States
Thank you everyone for your answers and replying I appreciate It.

Rydian, I have a few questions If you wouldn't mind answering for me. Very nice guide and was very helpful.

1: If I was to buy one of those red god of war kits new would that have a full hackable firmware on It pre installed?

2: If It does, how do you prevent the system from updating itself? Does It try to auto update the firmware when It's powered on?

2: Can you use sdhc micro cards with the PSP instead of that other kind of memory (Sony Duo Stuff) and what is the GB limit?

I have a bunch of random GB micro cards and It would be great to be able to use those instead of having to buy a new memory type.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
ZeroDeception said:
1: If I was to buy one of those red god of war kits new would that have a full hackable firmware on It pre installed?If you did manage to find one new, then yes it should have a firmware 5.03 or less on it. However those models are limited-edition ones and haven't been made in a while, so you're likely to find one that's been used and updated to a later firmware... but a pandora can be had for $7 online and it's recommended you get a pandora anyways for recovery.

ZeroDeception said:
2: If It does, how do you prevent the system from updating itself? Does It try to auto update the firmware when It's powered on?Some games will attempt to update the firmware, and there's an update feature in the main menu, and most people know that updating gives you new features... so you can generally assume that any used PSP has been updated at least once or twice in it's life. Finding one that's still on the stock firmware is more rare.

ZeroDeception said:
2: Can you use sdhc micro cards with the PSP instead of that other kind of memory (Sony Duo Stuff) and what is the GB limit?
You can get an adapter to stick two microSDHC cards into the PSP, the theoretical limit is 32GB total, most people use 4-16 (I've got an 8GB card myself).

QUOTE(ZeroDeception @ Mar 21 2011, 06:03 AM)
I have a bunch of random GB micro cards and It would be great to be able to use those instead of having to buy a new memory type.
The adapter might require the sizes to match, I'm not sure. Also note that a shitty/cheap microSDHC card can have bad read (not write) speeds, which can cause slow loading times or crashing when trying to play off the memory stick.

Jugarina

OP
Trophies
Website
youngevity.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I find It quite amazing how different sdhc micro cards can be especially when It comes to read speed that isn't mentioned anywhere.

I ran H2Testw_1.4 on each card I have to determine read/write speeds in mb/sec and this was the result and then verified.

1: 16gb Sandisk class 2 (read 10.5mb/sec) (write 3.10mb/sec) Pretty terrible in comparison to the other one.

2: 16gb Sandisk class 4 (read 21.5mb/sec) (write 5.99mb/sec) Kinda impressed at the read speed on this one.

3: 8gb Transcend class 6 (read 14.0mb/sec) (write 6.45mb/sec) Seems decent overall.

Do you know a place where you can buy a Pandora battery and the sdhc adaptor from?

I was in this strange store in my area that had old stock electronics's in It a few days ago that doesn't get very much business and I know I saw a limited edition God of War pack in there new for sale. I think there was more then one as well.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I bought my pandora off Amazon because I wanted it soon as. If you want to save money, you cen get it from dealextreme for essentially peanuts but it will take a while as it's shipped from China. The Micro SD to MSPD adaptor, I imagine you can get that anywhere. I got mine on amazon (Photofast CR-5400) and I haven't had any problems with it.

Jugarina

OP
Trophies
Website
youngevity.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for info emigre, I think I will get both on Amazon also in that case. Looks like the adaptor is on sale for only $1.80 that works for me.

Jugarina

OP
Trophies
Website
youngevity.com
XP
Country
United States
I looked on eBay just out of curiosity and I see people are selling the old stock new limited edition red God of War pack 2001's for 350.00 dollars.

I'm pretty sure the price at the store I went to was $119.99 per pack marked down from $199.00.

Boy It just makes me sick seeing people on eBay asking 2-3 times more for something just because they aren't everywhere anymore and you can do more with them.

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ZeroDeception said:
I looked on eBay just out of curiosity and I see people are selling the old stock new limited edition red God of War pack 2001's for 350.00 dollars.

I'm pretty sure the price at the store I went to was $119.99 per pack marked down from $199.00.

Boy It just makes me sick seeing people on eBay asking 2-3 times more for something just because they aren't everywhere anymore and you can do more with them.

supply and demand, man.

But actually, not all GOW packs are hackable. In the US at least, the only Special Edition PSPs I know to be 100% hackable are the Daxter Ice Silver PSP and the White Star wars PSP (has a darth vader battery cover). Some GOWs have a To88v3 (unhackable) board, so make sure it's hackable before you get it.

If price is an issue, I HIGHLY recommended your local craigslist. There's many there who sell hackable 2Ks not knowing they're worth more because of this.

Also, the main reasons why 2K is better than 1K for hacking/enjoying even if it's harder to get is the better Dpad and double RAM (really helps with some emulation, namely N64)

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Rydian said:
the theoretical limit is 32GB total

Just wanted to note that I use a 32GB Memory Stick Pro Duo (official) with my PSP, which works fine. The limit isn't theoretical, it is actually 32GB!
tongue.gif

Jugarina

OP
Trophies
Website
youngevity.com
XP
Country
United States
Good to know lilsypha.
smile.gif

Well I guess we can close this thread now that all my questions have been answered and It mostly got off topic switching over to PSP instead of a NDS discussion.

Maybe the 3ds combined with the dstwo or even a newer flashcard made for the 3ds will one day allow for emulation of the more powerful systems. I sure hope so.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1