Hacking Coverflow7 USB Loader

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
that link posted by you know who is just a project by a french guy.
it has nothing functionnal, it's only a demo that loads covers off the disk and that's it.

now reload the video and check the time it takes to only preload the covers.
it can be fast if you don't have lotsa covers, but just picture it running with +100 covers... might take ages to initialize.
it's still the best coverflow effect till now, any anyone is wanted this project to be released (i'm definitely one of them!).

edit:
to those who are testing the latest alpha4 (cd, pep and sledge1), can you please try to turn off WiiConnect24.
i've read on an another thread that it makes (almost) the same bug we're experiencing here.

invu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cdreams said:
Hey there.

Yes the loader is being worked on. The latest release is Alpha3. Alpha4 is almost ready but due to an issue which causes it to crash it's been delayed.

Hopefully in the next few days or so, the alpha4 will be fixed and that along with newest images and files will be released to you all. So keep checking back.

Thanks, I will!
smile.gif

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shaunpauljohnston.com
XP
Country
I tried just now to push up and down for a couple of minutes and it was working fine. I eventually pushed right to scroll one game and then waited and started to push down again and it crashed.

I mentioned earlier that I myself used the Mac WBFS to add my games to my HDD, and you said you installed yours through the Wii. I'm wondering if it's affecting people that installed games using one of the WBFS programs and that is why we have the issue and not you Don? Maybe the way it installs them is causing some kind of conflict that doesn't happen through the Wii install process. However even if that is the case, I don't see why the up and down would work but not the left or right.

pepperoni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm getting a better idea of what the problem is now..

When I scroll to the left, right before where it usually crashes, and then press 'down'... it skips the 'bad' game and doesn't crash, when I press 'right' it crashes, so everything between Godfather and Splintercell is unreachable.

My games are like this: Godfather, Zelda, Splinter cell.

I can't access either Godfather or Splinter Cell, but I can skip them.

I tried 'jumping' on to Zelda by going 2 to the right of splinter cell and pressing down, but I also got a green screen, so it seems that all 3 games give me green screens when I land on them.

pepperoni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is with the newest .dol you sent me.

I have 62 games on it.
It crashes on these games:
Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum (game #15)
Godfather blackhand (game #53)
Zelda (game #54)
Splinter cell (game #55)

I'm sure there are more, it's just hard to keep track of what position I'm at when I have to skip over the ones that are causing green screens but I'll keep working on it.

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
OK after testing again it works out that Shaun White is the game crashing my loader. I'm going to go and delete it from my HDD and see what happens after that. I checked back and fourth avoiding it all the time and the loader worked perfectly, but I deliberately went to go onto Shaun White 3 times and it crashed as I expected.

So there is an issue with that game for me. Maybe it is a bad game that is causing everyone else's issue too I assume.

So give me a few mins and I will delete this and try again and let you know what happens.

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
ok thanks guys. i don't have all the games that are not working for you (but shaun white & zelda) so i can't really test, i'm still gonna try tomorrow with zelda though.

regarding the games installation, i first installed around 25 games by plugging my hsb hd to my pc and used a WBFS manager called "WBFS GUI rev7 with warning" then installed all the rest to test both th install option from Coverflow7 and to have more thant 35 games on the hd for the bug.

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Deleted Shaun White Snowboarding and now loader runs perfectly, doesn't crash at all. I tried up down left and right and nothing crashed. So it looks like if you have a dodgy copy then it must cause the crash. Check what game you are about to push onto and if it crashes then delete that game and maybe re-install it, hopefully it's just a bad copy to the HDD but if not then you can't use that game it will just keep crashing your loader.

Dunno what else could be done here, but I thought I had a good copy myself but then again I havn't tried it on it's own so maybe it would have crashed normally or maybe there is a tiny difference that the alpha4 is picking up.

Anyhoo, mystery solved on that part, now what to do to fix it.

pepperoni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've used countless methods of installing games, so I can't really tell you. I do know that there are games that I have installed using Waninkoko's Wii installer that are causing green screens and also games that I've installed using a WBFS manager that are crashing.

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Not sure with your stuff Pepp, but like I say I have 16 games on there on my HDD, not much I know and a couple are just different regions of the same game as I wanted to test PAL stuff. The only one that caused the crash for me was Shaun White. If you have that delete it and try and see what happens. If it's not just that one, delete whatever games the loader is crashing at and maybe we can just double check them. They may be bad copies but we just never knew until know and the loader is making it apparent.

So Don, if this is what it turns out to be, what's the plan? Inform people that if it crashes to delete the game it crashes and double check it to make sure it is a good backup.

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
damn lag server... a whole post didn't showed up. well i'm gonna make it short this time:

@cd:
can you try the left/right buttons for a while (about 50/60 for each one and 30 of the up/down) to see if it's really not crashing. if it ever does, try with the 1st alpha4 i sent you (the one on rapidshare).
thanks mate.

@pep:
try removing one of the game. but try with one that always crashes on you.
and try again to see if it crashes again on the same postion (15x one the right).
can you remember which version of Waninkoko's installer you used ? did you used the same tool for installing other (working) games?
do you also remember what was the name of the other installer you used?

thanks mates, hopefully we're gonna get this sorted out.
by the way pep, do you mind beeing an official beta tester alongside with CDreams and I?
i might ask sledge1 too, just tell me what you think about it cd.

i'm off for tonight, see you tomorrow.

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Yeah I am cool with that. I will go test away just now and give it a good number of presses in all directions.

I might need you to send me the first alpha, I dunno if I still have it. I tend you just delete everything once I update cause I am anal about my desktop being uncluttered
tongue.gif

I'll check though and if it does crash I will try find it and test with that one.

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
yep ok, check your pm in a minute or so.
by the way to answer one of you question, yep if the bug is caused by a bad install or something like that we'll have to put it in the bugs section of the readme to let the user know about it and what to do.
but what i don't understand is that i was working on earlier version...
the faulty game might even run on other loaders but crashes on our...
wink2.gif

well, enough of talking, i'm off.

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
I just tried pressing in all directions 100 times each and then did a mixture of random directions and nothing happened. I pressed pretty fast too and it kept up virtually the whole time apart from the odd tiny delay every time I must have gone back to the beginning, considering I only had 16 games there.

pepperoni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can say that Godfather Blackhand works when I use the USB GUI Loader with the spinning disc and I added that particular game using PrixM's WBFS GUI.

You would think that adding games to your USB using a harddisk -> harddisk option would be more secure than going (possibly) scratched CD -> harddisk.

Oh well.. gotta get up in 6:30 hours so I'm off to bed, I'll take a look at trying to delete and install games tomorrow.

Also, I'd be glad to be a beta tester!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Dude just shat himself.