Hacking Coverflow7 USB Loader

Sledge1

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah i'm adding mine through WBFS Manager 2.2.1 then 2.5 the second time.
No other loaders have an issue with these games though as far as i can tell..
I don't know if there's an issue with any other games beyond these as i can't get to them without crashing..
I'm sure i could with the first version though..

G2K

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PNo4 said:
CFG Loader v22 now have transparent console
blink.gif

28l86k4.jpg

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147638&st=435

It uses libwiigui, which supports alpha channels.

Sledge1

Trophies
XP
Country
Went back to Alpha2 and i don't get any crashes with those 2 spots...
but covers don't download. putting cover back onto card and trying again..
EDIT: with alpha 2 it's fairly quick for me but after moving to the right 33 times there is SEVERE slowdown.
I can go back to the left again and it speeds up again..
Not sure if that means anything...
also no crash for me yet back with alpha 2..

DJJayTee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you guys definately keep on the track that you are on... you're making great progress.... i agree you shouldnt even attempt the reflections until you have the loader 100% to your liking... but i dont think ther is anything wrong with spitballing other ideas and techniques... and i'm always down for some grafx talk... and on that note... lets say a photoshop action was implemented where it would take your cover art... add a rounded corner white frame, dupe it, flip it, and fade it, and spits out a single pic containing the cover art (with frame) and reflection... doesnt sound impossible.... i'd attempt it if i had some measurements
smile.gif

katrem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
G2K said:
I think what he means is that below the box art, there is the bottom of the white box around it. With the reflection image, that part is cutout.
That's just one problem but that could easily be fixed (by adding the white part to the covers). A bigger problem with reflections is that you require different image-sets for different backgrounds. In my opinion reflections without transparency would become messy: you start using non-standard covers and the replaceable-backgound idea doesn't work anymore (replacing background = replacing all covers)

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shaunpauljohnston.com
XP
Country
Morning lads.

Well I think the transparency thing will be sorted in time and I'm sure that the loader will eventually have something implemented to utilize it adding the finishing touch.

When I release the package with the template stuff, the place-holder for both large and small images is in there. So anyone can use it and make alterations or use it to help make a faux reflection.

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
I wouldn't go as far as saying it's beautiful, but I suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder. However I will say that the coverflow demo you linked to is functionality wise what we need.

Nothing seems to have come of it as of now, it just seems like a tech demo, but if it is coded and works then I am sure in later revisions of this loader, it can and probably will be implemented.

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Has anyone else had issues today getting onto gbatemp?

I was basically unable to get on for the last few hours, I have opendns setup and it's all looking fine. I think some asshole has hacked my website blog though and I had to delete it for now, so annoyed. Worst thing was whoever did it hacked my partners one and she has lost all her threads and posts which she took ages one, felt bad for her, poor lass just wants to teach people how to dance.

Anyhoo, maybe it was just me but it looks like there are no new messages so maybe it's happened to everyone. Either way let me know because I am worried there is something on my pc now?

feidhlim1986

Trophies
XP
Country
cdreams said:
Has anyone else had issues today getting onto gbatemp?

I was basically unable to get on for the last few hours, I have opendns setup and it's all looking fine. I think some asshole has hacked my website blog though and I had to delete it for now, so annoyed. Worst thing was whoever did it hacked my partners one and she has lost all her threads and posts which she took ages one, felt bad for her, poor lass just wants to teach people how to dance.

Anyhoo, maybe it was just me but it looks like there are no new messages so maybe it's happened to everyone. Either way let me know because I am worried there is something on my pc now?

Yes I think it was a gbatemp issue, I had trouble for a few hours too.

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Good to hear, not that I want you to have issues too, but good to know it wasn't just me then. I had a problem last week and had to set up that Open DNS thing to get my router to access gbatemp. It suddenly stopped working, only this one site and I hadn't touched anything or changed settings, so I was totally baffled. The Open DNS thing fixed it so I was fine. But today i thought it had happened again and I didn't know what the hell was going on.

Anyhoo, back to progress everyone I hope.

biggrin.gif

invu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will there be a release newer than alpha3+?

I see newer looking pics in this thread everywhere and have read a big chunk of it, but I couldn't find any links.

The first page sais, that it will always be up to date...

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Here's an ISO with Geko OS 1.9 on it with the discID GECKOS

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jzdfunyoxjt/GeckoOS.7z

I'm using it so I don't have to use the system menu at all. Anyone makes a decent cover for this please let me know

EDIT: I tried making one for USBSD Loader 1.5, was going to have a cover on it saying "Manage Games" or something like that, but unfortunately it doesn't boot...

cdreams

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Hey there.

Yes the loader is being worked on. The latest release is Alpha3. Alpha4 is almost ready but due to an issue which causes it to crash it's been delayed.

Hopefully in the next few days or so, the alpha4 will be fixed and that along with newest images and files will be released to you all. So keep checking back.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cdreams said:
Hey there.

Yes the loader is being worked on. The latest release is Alpha3. Alpha4 is almost ready but due to an issue which causes it to crash it's been delayed.

Hopefully in the next few days or so, the alpha4 will be fixed and that along with newest images and files will be released to you all. So keep checking back.

Hi cdreams, are there any plans to add an option to launch the HBC implicitly instead of using return to loader code in any future releases?

Also any plans to release the code in the future? If not it's no biggy there's just a couple of features I'd like which I'm not sure anyone else would care about.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Stop trying to make on my cakes