Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mantis41 said:
dancubs said:
This is my first time using DScovered, and I'm quite lost. I got it working by using AKAIO 1.7.1 and following the instructions, and up to the part where I have to set up with a .exe file, I got lost.

Where do I go? How do I make the games appear when I load up the game?

Btw, I got it working, but no games show up.
See if this helps
http://gbatemp.net/t193529-coverflow-ds-ne...t&p=3025547

Edit: If anyone has Dscovered working with akAIO 1.8.1, could you please post instructions. I have been trying to make it work using Halo-101's files but fail.

Edit2: akAIO 1.8.1 now working thanks to Xenon++ [url=http://gbatemp.net/t261643-utilities-moonshl2-inilink-mnsh2warp-etc-firmware-loaders?view=findpost&p=3224750]http://gbatemp.net/t261643-utilities-moons...t&p=3224750[/url]

Just downloaded the utilities from Xenon++ (thank you very much) and now I am lost. How do I go about making this work for AKAIO 1.8.1? I know how to set it all up, basically. I'm just lost in the sense of all the loaders and where to put files and what not.

One more thing, will DScovered recognize my roms if they're in folders?
tongue.gif

Halo-101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Put all files from that archive on root of micro sd

then add loader_extlink.nds to d_system/loaders

in dscovered go to options and in the bottom right hand corner choose 3 for page three choose loader_extlink

then run games

answer 2:yes run dscovery.exe tick all nds games u wish to appear go file,downlaod art then once complete rename your games to ur choice then go file,update card.

then u can see ur covers and all .nds files chosen as soon as u turn on the ds.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Halo-101 said:

in dscovered go to options and in the bottom right hand corner choose 3 for page three choose loader_extlink

then run games

answer 2:yes run dscovery.exe tick all nds games u wish to appear go file,downlaod art then once complete rename your games to ur choice then go file,update card.

One thing to add to this, if you want dscovered to autoboot on power on then don't use the akmenu4.nds from the archive use the one from the dscovered archive.

Halo-101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh yer.that to but i dont understand how without that akmenu4 being in the root how does akaio boot?

was it with akaiolatest.nds .my renamed file? i havent checked out xenons package yet.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Halo-101 said:
oh yer.that to but i dont understand how without that akmenu4 being in the root how does akaio boot?

was it with akaiolatest.nds .my renamed file? i havent checked out xenons package yet.
Thats the point. The acekard boots dscovered.nds which has been renamed to akmenu4.nds instead of booting into akmenu. The akmenu4.nds from akAIO renamed to akaio.aio is then run by the loader when a rom is selected in dscovered.

The only thing you have to do then is make another version of akmen4.nds which I call akmenu.nds, you can then select this nds file in dscovered.exe and you will be able to run it from the coverflow (holding down B to stop autoboot) and you can still access the system and game settings and the cheats from the akAIO menu. If you then run akmenu4.nds from AKmenu it will go back to the coverflow. Doing it in this way will also cause soft reset to take you back to the coverflow as well.

dancubs

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Halo-101 said:

then run games

Where do I find loader_extlink.nds?

and the last few posts from you and Mantis got me confused. haha sorry to ask again, but what are the kernel files (AKAIO and DScovered essential kernels) that are supposed to be on my sd card? Please and thank you.
smile.gif

Halo-101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
on the root of card dscovered latest files merged with files from my packages (depending on your cart) from Here sorry gtg dont hav much time reply and i will answer any questions 2morro.bye all.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dancubs said:
Thanks friend. I hope Mantis can help me out too.
smile.gif
I'll go ahead and download the AKAIO archive and see what I can do.

Many thanks again.
I have to go, but if your still having troubles later I'll put up some step by step instructions.

dancubs

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah. Sure. I'll just wait for that.
smile.gif
I'll stick to using 1.7.1 for now.
tongue.gif

EDIT: DScovered works fine with AKAIO 1.8.0. on that note, what's the update with 1.8.1? I mean, what's new there from 1.8.0?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users