Hacking Coverflow demo

rick14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
todayyour loader the best. Maybe you can add an tool to load Gamecube backups.

I think it will be cool, if you or anybody can make a new menu for geebox, like wiiflow. Because it is very bad designed, maybee you can release your own wiiplayer.

xomp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome... now... where in the hell is the loader? It's not in the first post and there is reason to believe it is released since everyone is giving Kudos.

xomp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dancemonkey said:
Page 28 mate. Link there!!!

Many Thanks! Oh.. so he's abandoned the project? I snatched the WiiFlow Beta and it appears in his post he has given up on it due to time contstraints?

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
xomp said:
dancemonkey said:
Page 28 mate. Link there!!!

Many Thanks! Oh.. so he's abandoned the project? I snatched the WiiFlow Beta and it appears in his post he has given up on it due to time contstraints?

He hasnt given up...just has some tight time constraints.
From last i heard, he has already implemented autopatch mode, and soon will start a new thread for his project
smile.gif

Be on watch

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah in fairness to him its a pretty full working well packed beta.
He is a bit of a perfectionist so it kinda killed him to let this out without it working 100%, but he knows he has a lot on his plate and wanted people to enjoy what he has to date.

Still working on it , just not as much time as he wants on his hands.

Servdogg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any way to set up the boxarts manually? I have a lan adapter and can't get USB Loaders to download things, but I really want to use this loader. Any help is appreciated.

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
Servdogg said:
Any way to set up the boxarts manually? I have a lan adapter and can't get USB Loaders to download things, but I really want to use this loader. Any help is appreciated.

Hey servdogg, long time no hear, go to http://www.theotherzone.com/wii/ and click on NTSC, there are 3D and 2D covers there
biggrin.gif
(with wifi, it's automatic, but not on lan adapter
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

EDIT: LOVE THIS APP, HIBERN!!!!!!!! IT'S THE BEST

Instructions to autoboot after initially installed (w/ preloader .29):

1. Copy /apps/wiiflow/boot.dol to SD root
2. Rename it to WiiCoverflow.dol (or whatever)
3. In Preloader menu, install WiiCoverflow.dol
4. In Preloader Settings Menu, set autoboot to File and ReturnTo to SysMenu
5. Save and Exit Settings Menu
6. Select SysMenu and press A
7. Reboot and Enjoy
8. (If there is no USB drive in on bootup, once WiiFlow loads, press HOME 2 times to go to Wii Menu)
9. (Any time you do Home+WiiMenu, it will go to SysMenu, not coverflow...)

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
have you tried cios12 with usb-lan-adapter on usb0 and hdd on usb1? usb-lan should work with the latest cios. if the loader does not recognize your hdd switch usb ports.

BlindDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Servdogg said:
im the "usb-loader" folder on the SD root there are 2 folders,, "covers" and "boxcovers"
Place your full box covers found at DJTAZ's SITE in the "boxcovers" folder
Put ONLY the covers that you cant find full boxes for in the "covers" folder. 160x225 is fine.

Edit) The new cios38rev12 and 13 fix the usb devices issues.. Have you tried?

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
Completing BlindDude post.

In fact cIOS rev12 and rev13, fix some of the issues in usb port availlability...however rev13(released today), has implemented a new feature.

The "steal" mechanism to detect and patch the 002 errors, has changed...so, please (while the dev's to adapt that to this loader, are not completed) dont update to rev13.

Rev12 is quite good already...just the speed issues while installing
unsure.gif

Hibern

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
About the suomi translation : thanks a lot but Ä works here, so i think you should check that you actually write in UTF-8. You can use notepad++ for example, it lets you choose the format.
About the cIOS rev9 i can easily make a version which is compatible, but is it worth it ?
About the bugs, i've fixed some of them, i hope it will be more stable for those who randomly return to HBC.
About the lag (most important to me), i've fixed it using a cache (thanks to kylling and his great title menu for inspiration). It's amazingly faster and more fluid, and it takes much less space than png's (85 KB per full cover) so i'll add an option to remove the pngs after caching to save some space. Don't worry it will be possible to put the png's directly on the SD card, and they will feed the cache on first load, internet won't be mandatory.
I've also improved the quality of cover compression, it was ugly, now it's almost as good as uncompressed.
The only thing i haven't fixed is Ocarina, i don't understand it, but it's not my priority (it's a cheat after all).

So, that was for the easy part. Now i have to add some logic, update menus and options, test it a little, and it's what takes me so much time. So, see you next week, i guess...

Thanks for the nice comments again.

djbubba2002

Trophies
XP
Country
BlindDude can you pack me up the bxcovers for me , and zip them up , i need them .. if you can for this loader , i dont haev WIFI.. thanks ..

Oops

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Add this line BEHIND the apploader, that's after getting the entrypoint. And before the DCFlushRange(...). This removes the 002 error then.

*(u32 *)0x80003140 = *(u32 *)0x80003188;

Here's how it looks like in Gamma's code:

CODE
appentrypoint = (u32)app_final();

// Remove 002
*(u32 *)0x80003140 = *(u32 *)0x80003188;

DCFlushRange((void*)0x80000000, 0x3f00);

Waninkoko changed the removement of the 002 that the cIOS does, the new method results in faster reading speed. For apps from system menu it should still be working, just game loaders need to do it from now on.

If anybody gets 002 with a game from disc channel(but i think that's broken anyways) or with VC/WiiWare that is patched to IOS249, report to Waninkoko.

source: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=158885

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hibern said:
So, that was for the easy part. Now i have to add some logic, update menus and options, test it a little, and it's what takes me so much time. So, see you next week, i guess...

Thanks for the nice comments again.

Salut !!
suis en train de travailler sur un theme pour ce loader , et je n'arrive pas à utiliser les icones que j'ai créées.....
J'ai remplacé les icones de base par les miennes dans le dossier "theme" (en gardant noms et dimensions) , et mis le dossier "theme" à la racine de la SD.
Aucun résultat , toujours les icones de base.
Je m'y suis mal pris ? quelle est la démarche à suivre que je puisse voir le rendu de mon travail sur le loader ?
merci
wink.gif

(Sorry for the french post , but it was easier for me to explain him in french ^^)

Hello !!
i've a little question.
I'm actually working on a theme for your loader , but i don't know how to use my icons etc.....
i've replaced original icons in the theme pack (keeping names and dimensions) by the ones i have made , and put the "theme" folder on SD root.
But when i launch the loader i still get the original icons....

Did i miss something ? cause i can't see the result of my work , and so i can't see if it's good or not.

thanks
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/hgGA3axH1ec?si=NzHnqwUkhZJr8eqi