Not open for further replies.

Omnislash124

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all.

Just registered to say that, first of all, the USB loader looks great and works very well.

I do, however, want to point out an issue I have with it right now. I've been able to install and load Mario Kart Wii and Super Smash Bros Brawl without a hitch. But then I went on to try to install Rune Factory: Frontier on it, and it seems to hang on the Initializing DVD Drive screen. Has anybody else encountered this issue, or is it just me.

Thanks.

asian flavor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks kyogc. I thought I saw that post a while ago... sorry for being lazy not looking that up. That's what you get when trying to play Paper Mario with a 2 month old new born in my arms. hehe.

I have no issues trying to setup some type of build server. It just that I would not have time to put every revision on. Full time job and newborn kinda takes up most of my time. And I got busted for remoting to my home pc from work. So no more fun. I usually just download the latest build that's on the google code page when I get home, load it, and play some games til the wife yells at me to watch my girl.

@ehter2802 - what is the game that is giving you issue? Do you get the black cover or the no cover image? If it's the black cover... you need to delete that cover from your covers folder and try it again.

@Omnislash124 - I have had no issues with installing Rune Factory. Possible smudge or scratch on disk?

sponge_13

Trophies
XP
Country
Omnislash124 said:
Hello all.

Just registered to say that, first of all, the USB loader looks great and works very well.

I do, however, want to point out an issue I have with it right now. I've been able to install and load Mario Kart Wii and Super Smash Bros Brawl without a hitch. But then I went on to try to install Rune Factory: Frontier on it, and it seems to hang on the Initializing DVD Drive screen. Has anybody else encountered this issue, or is it just me.

Thanks.

I have had this issue with several titles such as: RedSteel, Mario Party 8 and TigerWoods07 to name a few.

I used another loader to get them installed and they worked fine after that.... strange

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sponge_13 said:
Omnislash124 said:
Hello all.

Thanks.

I have had this issue with several titles such as: RedSteel, Mario Party 8 and TigerWoods07 to name a few.

I used another loader to get them installed and they worked fine after that.... strange

You have red steel working on usb loader? wat?

skull6412

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Asian Flavor, do you mind sharing your Channel (wad), I'm pretty nood to this, but love this loader. Thanks.

asian flavor said:
Thanks kyogc. I thought I saw that post a while ago... sorry for being lazy not looking that up. That's what you get when trying to play Paper Mario with a 2 month old new born in my arms. hehe.

I have no issues trying to setup some type of build server. It just that I would not have time to put every revision on. Full time job and newborn kinda takes up most of my time. And I got busted for remoting to my home pc from work. So no more fun. I usually just download the latest build that's on the google code page when I get home, load it, and play some games til the wife yells at me to watch my girl.

@ehter2802 - what is the game that is giving you issue? Do you get the black cover or the no cover image? If it's the black cover... you need to delete that cover from your covers folder and try it again.

@Omnislash124 - I have had no issues with installing Rune Factory. Possible smudge or scratch on disk?

Omnislash124

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it helps, I'd also like to report two more bugs I came across in my experiences with this.

1. On a game that takes a particularly long time to install, it seems like the drive will go to sleep in the middle if you just leave it on. For me, it was Super Smash Bros. Brawl that I had the issue with. I put it to install, went to eat dinner, and came back. I checked up on it and it was still running, about 53% through. I left again to clean up after dinner and came back to one that had stopped at about 57%. I restarted the Wii and tried the install again, this time pressing something on the remote every few minutes, and it managed to finish this time. I'm not sure if it was a one time thing or not. The other thing I found odd afterwards was that, Mario Kart Wii, which was a similar size, only took about 20 minutes (as estimated by the loader) to install while SSBB was estimated to be 1 hour. This might be an isolated issue.

2. I just found this about 2 minutes ago. If you choose a game, and press "Back" on the menu that comes up for the game, and then select another game, the loader kicks me back to the homebrew channel, which is odd since I forwarded the loader to the Wii menu for easy running using the USB_Loader_Forwarder_Channel WAD. It may be that it's not compatible with the Fowrwarder Channel WAD, but I don't see why it wouldn't be.

Anyways, this USB loader is awesome. Nice Clean look, easy to navigate, and built in cover search feature.

EDIT: @Skull: The disc is pretty much flawless. It shows up in the Wii's Disc Channel fine and it loads fine from there too.

sponge_13

Trophies
XP
Country
quepaso said:
sponge_13 said:
Omnislash124 said:
Hello all.

Thanks.

You have red steel working on usb loader? wat?

Managed to install em haven't tested them all yet... the ones i have ran fine after install tho i just assumed they all would.
Why whats the issue with RedSteel?

asian flavor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@omnislash - I was the one asking about the disk... hate to ask, but is this retail or backup of rune factory. I did have a similiar issue loading a RE: Umbrella Chronicle backup. It would get to 99% and error out. I used the latest version of WBFS manager and used my pc drive to load the game to my HDD. It worked fine. With your HDD installing issue, seems like your HDD has sleep mode built. Depending if it a true external, the manufacturer should have software to tweak the sleep settings. If not, use WBFS manager to load the game or use a different loader. I use Uniloader by Sorg as a backup installer.

@skull6412 - I don't want to share the channel just yet. Since the loader is at RC3 not a full release, I don't want to share the channel. I just wanted let the devs know that this loader does work as a channel, not as a forwarder. When the full release comes out and the devs don't mind, I wouldn't mind releasing the channel. I am working/learning on animated channel creation now and would love to see a slick channel for this loader.

@sponge - Red Steel does not work... I am thinking a heavy disk check. More secure that Metroid 3. Hopefully the game will work soon. Sold mine to get a second Wii for my wife.

Going to play Paper Mario and go to bed.

sponge_13

Trophies
XP
Country
asian flavor said:
@sponge - Red Steel does not work... I am thinking a heavy disk check. More secure that Metroid 3. Hopefully the game will work soon. Sold mine to get a second Wii for my wife.

Sorry to derail but is there a list somewhere of these games that won't work through a usb loader? because there are a few others i am having issues with and i would like to know if i should give up now...

Omnislash124

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@asian flavor

Ah I see, Sorry, I couldn't tell who was asking. In any case, the Rune Factory disc is a retail disc, and it's pretty much flawless since I just bought it a few weeks ago, and haven't really played it yet (except to make sure that it worked).

I ended up taking Sponge's suggestion and used a second usb loader to install the game. (Ended up using Waninkoko's sdusb loader.) It also seemed to install a bit faster than the Cover Flow loader, actually.

Also, again, I'm not sure if it's just me, but pressing Home when the USB loader is up brings up an altered menu which gives the option of returning to the Wii Menu or the Loader. Selecting Wii Menu for me seems to crash the Wii, for some reason.

sonny615

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Hey, is it possible to see how much free space is left on the WBFS partition and if so where? This info was available on Wanikoko's original loader but here I don't see it anywhere.
Everything else is great BTW, love it.

Thanks.

DragTom70

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I am a noob at google code.

Just one question: Do I have to download every single file from google code to build the dol or is there either (1) a tool for synchronizing or (2) a zipped source anywhere?

(I admit I didn't read all 69 pages in this forum
wacko.gif
)

Cheers

Tom

Think I found it: TortoiseSVN-1.6.1.16129-win32-svn-1.6.1.msi might be helpful

GloboGym

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just compiled latest svn (r440) and I noticed that when i autoboot into coverflow via preloader the per game settings aren't saved.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just compiled it with 3D covers. Nice.
Will this support high resolution covers? I would be cool if you could acutally read the back cover, but now the resolution is too low

lajd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry if i just missed it but where to save 3d full covers? i tried the 'covers' folder but it didn't work (the rockband case appeared for all games). thanks

G2K

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lajd said:
sorry if i just missed it but where to save 3d full covers? i tried the 'covers' folder but it didn't work (the rockband case appeared for all games). thanks
Those aren't supported, it's just a generic cover found in the source.

Of course, it's not hard to add in full covers...

skull6412

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Understood. Thanks. I'll be keeping my eyes on this thread.

asian flavor said:
@skull6412 - I don't want to share the channel just yet. Since the loader is at RC3 not a full release, I don't want to share the channel. I just wanted let the devs know that this loader does work as a channel, not as a forwarder. When the full release comes out and the devs don't mind, I wouldn't mind releasing the channel. I am working/learning on animated channel creation now and would love to see a slick channel for this loader.

Nullkill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kedest said:
Just compiled it with 3D covers. Nice.
Will this support high resolution covers? I would be cool if you could acutally read the back cover, but now the resolution is too low

Yes; when its done it will use high res... I just compiled in a compressed png for now b/c i didn't want to increase the size of the dol too much for a test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: speaking of roasted nuts, do you guys prefer your peanuts salted or honey roasted?