Not open for further replies.

Nullkill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xomp said:
Thanks to NullKill updating his 1st post about what is required I now know why I had code dumps upon starting the loader. I'm using cIOS rev9 whereas this loader requires cIOS rev10, which according to DiggityDog is a heaping pile of cIOS crap
frown.gif
Any chance this can be achieved on cIOS rev9? I'd hate to install a buggy cIOS on my Wii.

I'm interested to know what makes cIOS rev10 a buggy pile of crap? Seems to work fine for me, but i skipped 9 and went straight to 10.

As for getting it to work under 9; sure, its possible. I just know the difference between 9 and 10...

xomp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nullkill said:
xomp said:
Thanks to NullKill updating his 1st post about what is required I now know why I had code dumps upon starting the loader. I'm using cIOS rev9 whereas this loader requires cIOS rev10, which according to DiggityDog is a heaping pile of cIOS crap
frown.gif
Any chance this can be achieved on cIOS rev9? I'd hate to install a buggy cIOS on my Wii.

I'm interested to know what makes cIOS rev10 a buggy pile of crap? Seems to work fine for me, but i skipped 9 and went straight to 10.

As for getting it to work under 9; sure, its possible. I just know the difference between 9 and 10...

I too would like to know hah (just the messenger here) I asked on their IRC channel yesterday about upgrading from 9 to 10 and that's when the statement was made. I'm new to the Wii modding scene so I don't know the differences really but rev10 was made out to be a problem child of cIOS. Would you be able to make a rev9 version of this?

Nullkill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xomp said:
Would you be able to make a rev9 version of this?

Like i said; not until i know the diff between 9 and 10. I don't see why the code wouldn't run on either cIOS.

KTroopA

Trophies
XP
Country
damn this has reallt progressed and looking sweet! i really wnt to use the autodownload of covers but normally have my internet disabled for wifi connection to wii. im just afraid of it updating or smething. where exactly are the missing covers downloaded from and is it 100% safe?

amiga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If it's not a lot work it would be great if you could create a compatible cios 9 version because I don't want to update to version 10 because I haven't got any problem with version 9 and some people said at the beginning they had problems with 10.
And I was waiting for version 11 that it will have more improvements and i don't like upgrading cios too frecuently.

T-Error

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
OMG just because somebody said that cIOSrev10 is buggy doesnt mean that it is. Im using rev10 since it was released and never had any problems.

pepperoni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cIOS rev10 was released along with a version of USB Loader that was buggy. People thought it was rev10 that was buggy when it was in fact the version of USB Loader that was buggy and was fixed shortly thereafter.

xomp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
T-Error said:
OMG just because somebody said that cIOSrev10 is buggy doesnt mean that it is. Im using rev10 since it was released and never had any problems.

OMG!!!
wtf.gif

T-Error

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
xomp said:
T-Error said:

OMG!!!
wtf.gif
should I say FJC? spoke to Amiga btw.

The only difference between rev9 and rev10 is the ability to load from SD-card. Even if your not using this feature I would recommend rev10 because there arent any disadvantages.

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
im trying tatsunoko vs capcom and getting screen. Worked perfect frm disc when i was on 3.2 but now im on 4.0

T-Error

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ganons said:
im trying tatsunoko vs capcom and getting screen. Worked perfect frm disc when i was on 3.2 but now im on 4.0
works for me from HDD but im still on 3.2E.

amiga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
T-Error said:
should I say FJC? spoke to Amiga btw.

The only difference between rev9 and rev10 is the ability to load from SD-card. Even if your not using this feature I would recommend rev10 because there arent any disadvantages.

Are you sure that's the only difference because I'm using ultimate usb loader loading the game's images from the sd card without any problem with rev 9.

As well as it's working fantastic without any problem with any game so I don't see any reason to change but been able to use cover flow loaders.

As I said before I don't like upgrading cios frecuently because there is a small risk of bricking the WII ( I know it's really small) and knowing new version is coming with probably better compatibility I prefer just waiting.

Jaz808

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Anyone who has problems with thier covers it is because they are not 160x224, most of the downloaded covers from the loader or from boxart page is 160x225 and thats the prob, you need to re-size them

jpref

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
since the source is available, is it possible to enhance this by turning on wii light just after selecting game, and fading in and out the blue light till the vid screen switches to load the game. suiggestion , but its pretty cool

patts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweet! Got the 5.1b, deleted all my active covers on the SD and re-downloaded them thru the Cover Flow app. Now all works like a charm! But if i going to use this loader as my main loader, i must have a child-proof verseion (no game uninstall) because my 4 yr old son like to press the buttons..
smile.gif
Is there a config option to do this with this loader?

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
jpref said:
since the source is available, is it possible to enhance this by turning on wii light just after selecting game, and fading in and out the blue light till the vid screen switches to load the game. suiggestion , but its pretty cool

You can make an enhancement requests direct to the team on the Googlecode issues page

Posts merged

QUOTE(patts @ May 13 2009, 06:30 AM) Sweet! Got the 5.1b, deleted all my active covers on the SD and re-downloaded them thru the Cover Flow app. Now all works like a charm! But if i going to use this loader as my main loader, i must have a child-proof verseion (no game uninstall) because my 4 yr old son like to press the buttons..
smile.gif

Hold A+B+1+2 with the pointer on nothing on the main screen

patts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
fishears said:
jpref said:

You can make an enhancement requests direct to the team on the Googlecode issues page

Posts merged

QUOTE(patts @ May 13 2009, 06:30 AM) Sweet! Got the 5.1b, deleted all my active covers on the SD and re-downloaded them thru the Cover Flow app. Now all works like a charm! But if i going to use this loader as my main loader, i must have a child-proof verseion (no game uninstall) because my 4 yr old son like to press the buttons..
smile.gif

Hold A+B+1+2 with the pointer on nothing on the main screen

Thanks! I'll give it a try!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-