Status
Not open for further replies.

m00k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just tryed out beta 3, I have 36 games. All images and disks loaded up the first time, however after scrolling left and right to each end i had lost the covers on the first and last couple of games & all my disks had turned into spinning garble squares. Ive started it up a few times since & all my disks are still garbled and how many covers show seems to be a little hit and miss, on average tho i'd say 30 - 32 covers now each time, & the missing ones are always on the end. besides that great work chaps.
smile.gif

oh yeah, i got 1 code dump too randomly, while scrolling.

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Haha, you're too quick, you keep replying before I can edit my posts. Yeah, it's consistently happening with Mario Kart, and yes it is 160x224, I used irfanview to batch resize everything. I also once had the loader kick me back to the homebrew channel when I clicked on a game to bring up the load/back screen. When I went back into the loader after that, it eventually ended up giving me a codedump.

Edit: I tried re-downloading it and and redoing the changed size, and Mario Kart no longer has an issue, even though the old picture displayed fine on my PC when I checked it on the SD card. Endless Ocean is doing the same thing but redownloading didn't fix it, but then, it's the last cover on the left that shows. Weirdly enough, ExciteTruck, directly to the right of it, shows no cover found, but everything to the right of that shows covers perfectly. And as it turns out, even though the renaming to 4-characters fixed the disc art for that one game when I tested it, it loads garbled or not at all often even in 4-characters, if I scroll through the list before checking the disc.

Nullkill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok; i Definitely expected the issues; just was hoping the app found magic memory some where by spawning a thread to create the memory...

I'll turn on true buffering in the next release; Should fix the graphics issues; at a the _small_ price of slightly slower rendering of graphics when you scroll too fast.

Thanks to all the testers!

dlxowhd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can't possibly follow all these different usb loader projects, but if i recall correctly, hibern started the first coverflow usb loader.
did his project die?
he showed the demo so long ago (i believe like 2~3 weeks ago?) and looks like this project has gone way farther than his..

scognito

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What is the difference between 3 digits png and 4 digit disc image?
I used the 4 digit because i tought it was ok, feel free to suggest, also what the 4th digit mean?
Does exists the same number of 3 or 4 digits cover?

matriculated

Trophies
Website
www.nubecoder.com
XP
Country
Canada
Just throwing out an idea here: Would there be any performance gains if the images were stored in a uncompressed format? like raw or bmp? Also, since the alpha channel should be the same for all the images it could be stored once in memory and applied to each cover.

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
scognito said:
What is the difference between 3 digits png and 4 digit disc image?
I used the 4 digit because i tought it was ok, feel free to suggest, also what the 4th digit mean?
Does exists the same number of 3 or 4 digits cover?

The fourth digit is the region code. I think what would make the most sense would be to use the 4-digit one first, and if that's not present revert to the 3-digit one... if it's not too much work that is.

cdreams

Trophies
Website
www.shaunpauljohnston.com
XP
Country
Out of curiosity, does everyone else have pixellated images. I'm not talking about errors like in that image posted earlier, but just not very good quality images when they load. However the images I have are actually really nice quality, so it is something I am doing wrong or is that normal for now?

scognito

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
cdreams said:
Out of curiosity, does everyone else have pixellated images. I'm not talking about errors like in that image posted earlier, but just not very good quality images when they load. However the images I have are actually really nice quality, so it is something I am doing wrong or is that normal for now?
I have the same issue, don't know why they are worse quality than original.
Anyway the fourth digit means the region, right?

pretender13

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
latest version works great, loads all covers, except seems there is still a limit on the disk images, only a few show up.

@cdreams i have had the same issue for a while but i think they are still working on it, images seem to be stretched to me.

afour98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Used a local build... it works great with 56 covers.

I also get the garbled spinning square for disks. Also would like to see the slider and the WPAD right/left swapped so it works like real CoverFlow (appl*)

No core dumps since the 78 build. Nice job NulKill

Nullkill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afour98 said:
Also would like to see the slider and the WPAD right/left swapped so it works like real CoverFlow (appl*)

I'm still not sure if the other way is correct; I'm just going to make it a configuration option to settle the debate
smile.gif

Sanoblue

The Fuzzy Blue Woof!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
still having problems getting imgs to load...

my files are the right size and in the right directory...

how should they be named is the only thing i can think might be wrong

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sanoblue said:

Cover images need the 6 digit code including the version number. Disc images need 4 digits.

Nullkill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sanoblue said:

You can wait till tommorow if you want; i think we are going to release a version with a button in the settings menu "Download Missing Cover Art"

Sanoblue

The Fuzzy Blue Woof!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nullkill said:
sanoblue said:

You can wait till tommorow if you want; i think we are going to release a version with a button in the settings menu "Download Missing Cover Art"
that would be best im thinkin.... maybe someone can post a img of the sd root... showing a working sd/usb-loader/covers

?? that would be helpful... ive tried converting and installing imgs from several sites to no avail

or a compiled download with the files already in place....?

Nullkill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sanoblue said:
that would be best im thinkin.... maybe someone can post a img of the sd root... showing a working sd/usb-loader/covers

Just to be sure your root of your sd look slike this /usb-loader/covers/*.png ? (no /sd/ folder)

This is the cover pack I downloaded: http://ul.to/42mzu9

Sanoblue

The Fuzzy Blue Woof!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nullkill said:
sanoblue said:

Just to be sure your root of your sd look slike this /usb-loader/covers/*.png ? (no /sd/ folder)

This is the cover pack I downloaded: http://ul.to/42mzu9
OHHHH!!!!! i was putting it in the folder from root/apps/usb-loader...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Gamemaster2022 @ Gamemaster2022: Great titles. I'm about to play some Pokémon Emerald. I need to lvl up +1