Hacking Couple questions about backups/psn

bi388

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a 80gb ps3 I bought about a month ago. I have about 8 ps3 games on my psn and they obviously don't all fit on the drive. I recently installed remix onto it for being able to play backups because the disk drive is broken, and I have 3 questions.
1. What are the chances if I used the "use psn online" guide id get my psn account banned? Cause I have a ton of ps4 games on it but I don't want to lose the ability to play my owned ps3 games.
2. If there is a possibility of it getting banned, is my best option an external drive and webman and running the games through that? I tried to transfer some directly to my ps3 through filezilla but after a few gigs it would say it finished without the whole file having transferred.
3. I tried to play a ps2 rom through it on my internal drive but it kept giving me an error, which is strange because I tried a ps1 rom and it worked fine, is the rom bad?
Thanks

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Where the games are won't have any effect on your chances of being banned. I would recommend using ps3netsrv for ps3 iso's.

What model ps3 is it? What cfw? Which ps2 emulator have you selected in rebug toolbox? You might be using the software emulator which is pretty useless.

I haven't used psn since the psjailbreak days, because I don't want to get banned. I would be tempted to get a newer ps3 if you want to use psn.

Last edited by smf,
Reactions: Zero72463

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One word of advice, NEVER USE YOUR OFFICIAL PSN ACCOUNT ON A HACKED CONSOLE! I cannot express this any more than I have, this is a terrible idea, make a new account for CFW. Just think if you got banned it would be the worst thing ever. At least this way the account won't be that important.

bi388

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One word of advice, NEVER USE YOUR OFFICIAL PSN ACCOUNT ON A HACKED CONSOLE!
Ok but that's where my purchased games are, I bought them on my psn before the hack was out and I can't fit them all on the hdd. What do you recomend, rather then just telling me something out of my control.
Where the games are won't have any effect on your chances of being banned. I would recommend using ps3netsrv for ps3 iso's.

What model ps3 is it? What cfw? Which ps2 emulator have you selected in rebug toolbox? You might be using the software emulator which is pretty useless.

I haven't used psn since the psjailbreak days, because I don't want to get banned. I would be tempted to get a newer ps3 if you want to use psn.
It's a nor fat model. Remix 4.81. It's using cobra ps2 emulation. I've heard the non ps2 compatible models still work for most games, and the program is giving me an error not having trouble running the game.

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok but that's where my purchased games are, I bought them on my psn before the hack was out and I can't fit them all on the hdd. What do you recomend, rather then just telling me something out of my control.

It's a nor fat model. Remix 4.81. It's using cobra ps2 emulation. I've heard the non ps2 comparable models stilo work for most games, and the program is giving me an error not having trouble running the game.

I don't usually tell people to pirate games, but if you own them then you could just download the games and dlc from another website and install them to your PS3 (you can convert the saves to any new account you make). I don't see how this is out of your control on CFW you have full control (that's the point of CFW)! :)

As for running out of space I guess the only option is getting a bigger hdd, running the games off your PC to your PS3, or running them off an external hdd.

bi388

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't usually tell people to pirate games, but if you own them then you could just download the games and dlc from another website and install them to your PS3 (you can convert the saves to any new account you make). I don't see how this is out of your control on CFW you have full control! :)

As for running out of space I guess the only option is getting a bigger hdd, running the games off your PC to your PS3, or running them off an external hdd.
I meant it's out of my control that I bought them on my real psn id and not a new one because I bought them without knowing my system would be hackable in a month. So I guess I'll run them off an external hdd then once I get a new one since filezilla doesn't work for me transferring anything bigger than a ps2 game.

Reactions: Zero72463

CallmeBerto

The Lone Wanderer
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
A 1tb hdd is normally less then 50 usd. Of you follow Zero's guide you do reduce your chance of getting banned. However there are some games like cod where you basically get instant ban if you play them online with cfw. All I do is sync trophies and I have been doing this for 6 months with no issues.

bi388

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A 1tb hdd is normally less then 50 usd. Of you follow Zero's guide you do reduce your chance of getting banned. However there are some games like cod where you basically get instant ban if you play them online with cfw. All I do is sync trophies and I have been doing this for 6 months with no issues.
I don't have any interest in playing online, I don't want to lose the 6 games I payed money for and can't fit on my current drive. If I can download those isos from other locations and put them on an external drive then I'm fine, although mgs hd collection seems rather hard to find unfortunately

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've heard the non ps2 compatible models still work for most games, and the program is giving me an error not having trouble running the game.

None of the games I've wanted to play are compatible, it works for a few simple games that aren't too taxing.

What is the error?

bi388

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
None of the games I've wanted to play are compatible, it works for a few simple games that aren't too taxing.

What is the error?
It literally just says error. I select it from the ps2 isos list, it does the "would you like to close the browser" thing, then when it returns it says error. I guess I'll just keep burning disks for my ps2 slim. Im more concerned about tracking down isos for the ps3 games linked to my account so I can play them off an external.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
It literally just says error. I select it from the ps2 isos list, it does the "would you like to close the browser" thing, then when it returns it says error. I guess I'll just keep burning disks for my ps2 slim. Im more concerned about tracking down isos for the ps3 games linked to my account so I can play them off an external.
Hey, haven't seen you while. Last I saw you was the Russia Pokemon GO thread and that cartoons blog you made.

How did you transfer ps2 to internal? What app did you use?

This is a PS2 compatibility list. Many are playable. Some don't run and have glitches
http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/PS2_Classics_Emulator_Compatibility_List

Is remix the Habib CFW?
If you want you can install the Ferrox CFW or Rebug. Both are at the latest versions 4.82. Compatibility seems good with them.
You can find both CFW here.

And install latest Webman and PrepNTSF for better ps2 compatibility if you haven't already.

Try Irisman. You can transfer PS3 from Internal to External with this. Be sure to transfer them to a PS3ISO folder on the root of your HDD.

You do have a chance of being banned on CFW. You can minimize it using Sen Enabler to hide CFW and log to psn.
But its not 100% you can still be at risk.

You can probably transfer your ps3 games you own internal to external. Then download the rest thats not on your hdd from psn and transfer them also to external.
Heres PSN Liberator this converts psn type games to disc format. Its needed convert games and to run psn games of off external hdd.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Heres a tutorial

Last edited by SG854,
Reactions: Panzer_Baboon

bi388

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow I never would have expected anyone to remember me. Yeah haven't been on here much, mostly just on discord. I transferred the ps2 iso with filezilla. It always seems to work fine for me for the first few gb, then it tells me the game is done and asks if I want to copy over again and rewrite it even though it isn't done. Ps1 and 2 games are small enough it finishes fine but ps3 games aren't. The problem doesn't come when I try to run the game, it comes right after I select it in the list. When the browser closes it says "error with <game here>, so it's not an emulator issue cause I don't even get to the point where the emulator starts. If ps2 doesn't work not a huge deal, I'll just burn them to disks like I used to unless ps3 makes them look significantly better. And as for ps3 backups, right now my issue is finding a way to get isos of the games i purchased but aren't on my internal right now, and I'm well aware gbatemp can't link me to that directly.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Wow I never would have expected anyone to remember me. Yeah haven't been on here much, mostly just on discord. I transferred the ps2 iso with filezilla. It always seems to work fine for me for the first few gb, then it tells me the game is done and asks if I want to copy over again and rewrite it even though it isn't done. Ps1 and 2 games are small enough it finishes fine but ps3 games aren't. The problem doesn't come when I try to run the game, it comes right after I select it in the list. When the browser closes it says "error with <game here>, so it's not an emulator issue cause I don't even get to the point where the emulator starts. If ps2 doesn't work not a huge deal, I'll just burn them to disks like I used to unless ps3 makes them look significantly better. And as for ps3 backups, right now my issue is finding a way to get isos of the games i purchased but aren't on my internal right now, and I'm well aware gbatemp can't link me to that directly.
I remember you arguing about freedom of speech on that Pokemon Go thread. I was commenting about religion and stuff. I think it was that steins gate avatar that helped me remember you. I liked that show a lot.

I was having problems with transfering ps2 iso's using multiman, but transferring them using irisman worked fine. Try that out to see if it works for you. Put ps2 iso's on a hdd then transfer using irisman.

PS3 does have hdmi out for ps2 games plus it upscales to 720p. Then your television does the upscaling to a higher resolution if your tv res is higher than 720p. So it upscales twice. If you have component on your ps2 then you can use that instead. HDMI and Component are practically the same. It really depends on whats better, your tv's upscaler or ps3 upscaler. So you would have to try both ps2 system and ps3 system to see whats looks better. ps3 also has the ability to run in 480p mode so that it won't upscale games twice.

You can try transferring you ps3 backups you have right now on your internal to external and run them off external to free space. Then download the ones that aren't on your internal right now from psn. And also transfer them to external. So that way you can have all your psn games on external, and there would be no need to download them off an iso site.

Last edited by SG854,
Reactions: bi388

bi388

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im afraid to log onto psn though cause i could lose all my ps4 games :/ maybe ill risk it with all the patches on to minimize chance of disaster. for the ps2 stuff, thanks for the recommendation ill try it. im actually using the same component cables for my ps2 and ps3, but i thought maybe ps3 would upscale to 720 where as ps2 with component is only 480.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
im afraid to log onto psn though cause i could lose all my ps4 games :/ maybe ill risk it with all the patches on to minimize chance of disaster. for the ps2 stuff, thanks for the recommendation ill try it. im actually using the same component cables for my ps2 and ps3, but i thought maybe ps3 would upscale to 720 where as ps2 with component is only 480.
Ya if you decide to risk it, then try reading up and get as much information as you can to make sure you minimize ban as much as possible. And read up on different programs you can use on ps3.

Ps3 can also output 480p for ps2 and ps1. Ps3 can upscale ps1 games to 1080p, but can only upscale ps2 games to 720p. Ps2 system is only 480p.
Try letting the ps3 upscale to 720p then let your tv do the rest. Then try 480p mode and see what looks better. If your tv has a good upscaler then use that instead of the ps3 upscaler.

Reactions: bi388

bi388

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya if you decide to risk it, then try reading up and get as much information as you can to make sure you minimize ban as much as possible. And read up on different programs you can use on ps3.

Ps3 can also output 480p for ps2 and ps1. Ps3 can upscale ps1 games to 1080p, but can only upscale ps2 games to 720p. Ps2 system is only 480p.
Try letting the ps3 upscale to 720p then let your tv do the rest. Then try 480p mode and see what looks better. If your tv has a good upscaler then use that instead of the ps3 upscaler.
If i can find the games through... other sources that wont be an issue. i found demons souls but im still looking for the mgs hd collection, id rather not lose those. if ps3 and ps2 quality visuals for ps2 games isnt too different i dont care enough to get them working on ps3, i figured it had an upscaler to improve the visuals in addition to just making it higher resolution, like wii u does with gamecube and wii games.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
If i can find the games through... other sources that wont be an issue. i found demons souls but im still looking for the mgs hd collection, id rather not lose those. if ps3 and ps2 quality visuals for ps2 games isnt too different i dont care enough to get them working on ps3, i figured it had an upscaler to improve the visuals in addition to just making it higher resolution, like wii u does with gamecube and wii games.
Im actually having trouble finding ps3 games myself from iso sites. Ps3 is harder to find.

I think your better off using your ps2 instead. 100% compatibility on it and the ps3 won't make much of a difference. Ps3 doesn't actually increase the internal resolution of ps2 and ps1 games. All it does is upscale. If you have a modern tv then the tv's upscaler should be decent.

Theres also the issue of input lag. Having your ps3 upscale ps1 games to 1080p means the tv has less to process and less input lag. I don't really know your tv's model and make, so I wouldn't be able to tell you how much lag you tv will introduce if it does do the majority of upscaling.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Also the Wii U doesn't increase the internal resolution of gamecube and wii games, it only upscales as well. Upscaling and increasing internal resolution are 2 different things. Upscaling basically stretches out the image, from a smaller res to fit the screen. And when you stretch it blurs. If your Wii U is doing a better job at upscaling then your tv, and it looks better, then that means your consoles upscaler is doing a better job than your tvs.

defrb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Also the Wii U doesn't increase the internal resolution of gamecube and wii games, it only upscales as well. Upscaling and increasing internal resolution are 2 different things. Upscaling basically stretches out the image, from a smaller res to fit the screen. And when you stretch it blurs. If your Wii U is doing a better job at upscaling then your tv, and it looks better, then that means your consoles upscaler is doing a better job than your tvs.

My gamecube games looks so much better on wiiu then on wii, the gamecube was able to output 1080p wich it never did back in the day, but it was prepared for it, from what ive been reading and the wiiu takes advantage of that, well,.. nintendont does.
Wii games look worse though, on wiiu. But it's just a slight diffrence, that would involve upscaling, 480p to 1080p makes it a little bit more blurry.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
My gamecube games looks so much better on wiiu then on wii, the gamecube was able to output 1080p wich it never did back in the day, but it was prepared for it, from what ive been reading and the wiiu takes advantage of that, well,.. nintendont does.
Wii games look worse though, on wiiu. But it's just a slight diffrence, that would involve upscaling, 480p to 1080p makes it a little bit more blurry.
Wii should look the same as Wii U since gamecube games are being upscaled either way. It depends on you TV, cables, and quality of upscaler. If your Wii U has a better upscaler than your TV, then it'll look better with Wii U. But both should look the same.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night