Couple of Gateway Issues

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by drhacknslash, Jun 6, 2015.

1. drhacknslash
    OP

drhacknslash Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2008
    United States
    Hi all,

So I updated my Gateway to the new 3.2.2 and then updated emunand to 9.8. I have an Original 3DS running sysnand 4.40. After the reboot, all my installed CIAs were gone. Save games thankfully were fine. Anyone know if the upgrade caused this or something else? Trying to avoid having it happen again. System runs like a champ otherwise.

Also I recently upgraded my red card's micro sd to a 64 gb Samsung class 10 and occasionally the system will freeze on boot to gateway mode / emunand. Any reason why this might be happening?

Thanks for any help!

2. usernametaken

usernametaken GBAtemp Maniac

May 13, 2015
    United States
    Not to sure about the first issue, I don't think updating the emunand should get rid of your installed .cias, but also haven't had to update my N3ds yet.

As for booting into emunand, it isn't 100%. Sometimes you'll just get the black screen when attempting to boot into Emunand, it's usually pretty infrequent though.

3. SScorpio

SScorpio Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    I haven't done the update to 9.8, but previous updates didn't remove installed CIAs. Are your Sysnand and Emunad linked?

I also run a 64GB Samsung, do you have one of the EVOs that's orange? I do occasionally get a freeze on boot, from what I hear that's normal. It shouldn't happen that often, but it can happen.

4. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    If you went into data management on the system nand or eshop on emunand it sometimes deletes cia filed since it rewrites the ticket

5. Monty Kensicle

Monty Kensicle Yay!

Aug 4, 2008
    United States
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    Which .cias will that delete? Because I'll go to e-shop and lose the new Mii Plaza games but not Ultimate NES Remix or Taiko no Tatsujin.

6. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    Usually it will keep out of region games since they are not on the ticket

7. Monty Kensicle

Monty Kensicle Yay!

Aug 4, 2008
    United States
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    But Ultimate NES Remix is NA region .cia.

8. drhacknslash
    OP

drhacknslash Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2008
    United States
    I do have one of the Samsung Evo orange cards. Good to know it's just a bug to live with. I wonder if a different brand card would improve things. I get the freeze roughly 1 in 5 startups.

I think I did inadvertently go into data management. Lesson learned. Thanks for the tip.

9. cynosura

cynosura GBAtemp Regular

Jun 7, 2015
    France
    Bed
    hi ! can anyone help me ? when i launch emunand 9.8 i got a black screen :( thanks for answering !

10. Monty Kensicle

Monty Kensicle Yay!

Aug 4, 2008
    United States
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    Did you update your launcher.dat? Also do you have a 3DS, 3Ds XL, 2DS or one of the new 3DS units?

11. cynosura

cynosura GBAtemp Regular

Jun 7, 2015
    France
    Bed
    oh thanks for the reply but it's OK :D i simply used rxtools and it's launched, but gw launcher don't work :/