Could this be possible?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by monkeyman4412, Dec 21, 2016.

1. monkeyman4412
    OP

monkeyman4412 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 16, 2016
    United States
    So I just thought of something. Could we fake wiiu updates? and actually have them install. The reason I ask this is because if we can forge a wiiu update (and I can use my computer at home act like my network connection) would it possible to unbrick a wiiu, given that standby functions are on. course my brick is vwii So I don't know if it would be possible but if so, and somebody can make it. that would be neat! (plus maybe some dns trickery since my wiiu has the dns to prevent updates)

2. Somebody Whoisbored

Somebody Whoisbored it's all okeydokey

May 12, 2016
    United States
    hypeland
    Almost a absolute no. If Nintendo are stupid enough to not sign/check updates, then hell mend them.

3. EthanAddict

EthanAddict Face the Slayer!

Nov 12, 2016
    Greece
    Sorry, but no. The WiiU uses what Nintendo 3DS has to check if the update files are for downgrade and if yes, it blocks it...

Last edited by EthanAddict, Dec 21, 2016
  4. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    He's not talking about downgrading though.

5. EthanAddict

EthanAddict Face the Slayer!

Nov 12, 2016
    Greece
    Still, the WiiU doesn't have the version in a file to check the update files?

6. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    It only checks if the version is older than what's installed. Anyway, there are other reasons why a custom update server wouldn't work. I'm sure it's hardcoded to only accept Nintendo's SSL certificate, that's how the 3DS does it. With a hacked console, it should be possible to disable that verification, but if you have a hacked console you can just install what you need to with wupinstaller.