Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
perfectdark.jpg
Rare could be attempting to work there way back to core gamers advertising they are looking for new staff to work on "multiple AAA future console releases". The only hints that could lead to this being a new Perfect Dark is the job description, "You will have a successful history of releasing exceptional AAA games and these will ideally be in the action/adventure or first person shooter genre but this is not essential. You will also be experienced at effectively implementing positive change to working practises." Perfect Dark first made its debut back on the N64 in 2000 as a spiritual sequel to Goldeneye 007 which also led to 2 prequels on the Game Boy Color and as a launch title for the Xbox 360, Perfect Dark Zero. In 2010, 4j Studios remade the original Perfect Dark for Xbox Live Arcade. Most of the key staff behind the Goldeneye and Perfect Dark moved on to form Free Radical Studios who would go on to make Time Splitters before becoming Crytek UK​
source-http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/899364-rare-hiring-for-perfect-dark-reboot

Only really enjoyed the first Perfect Dark myself but i imagine some may hold out hope for this or be interested to see what MS could have lined up for the next Xbox

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
these will ideally be in the action/adventure or first person shooter genre

I can see Perfect Dark for the First Person Shooter part, but not action/adventure. No one's guessing Banjo-Kazooie but me?

Reactions: 1 person

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's hope not.

I love Perfect Dark, the original is a classic, but most of the team of the original is long gone and Perfect Dark Zero taught us that the "franchise" (if it could really be considered a "franchise" with the N64 game, a Gameboy game, and a Xbox 360 game) should stay dead.

Perfect Dark XBLA was great, but I don't want a new Perfect Dark that plays like other FPS games or a "throwback" FPS that ends up playing like Duke Nukem Forever.

For now, I'll be satisfied with the HD port.

Reactions: 1 person

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will have a successful history of releasing exceptional AAA games

So Rare wants someone who can do something that Rare hasn't done for over 10 years?

Also this doesn't mean they're bringing back Perfect Dark at all and most Rare projects end up getting cancelled, that is why they're doing Wii Sports rip offs.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...Why not give us Killer Instinct or a new Banjo Kazooie? Seriously, it's been 12 years since the last Banjo game, give us one.

1694_732736.jpg

TBH I don't think Rare platformers would really transition well anyway, they were, in retrospect, glorified collect-a-thons and their level designs and art ain't got shit on modern 3D platformers like Super Mario Galaxy. At this point the Rare people will be remembered more for their FPS games than their platformers (considering they made Goldeneye, which people loved, Perfect Dark, which is better, and then the good people at Rare went on to make Timesplitters).

Reactions: 2 people

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
...Why not give us Killer Instinct or a new Banjo Kazooie? Seriously, it's been 12 years since the last Banjo game, give us one.

1694_732736.jpg

TBH I don't think Rare platformers would really transition well anyway, they were, in retrospect, glorified collect-a-thons and their level designs and art ain't got shit on modern 3D platformers like Super Mario Galaxy. At this point the Rare people will be remembered more for their FPS games than their platformers (considering they made Goldeneye, which people loved, Perfect Dark, which is better, and then the good people at Rare went on to make Timesplitters).

That wasn't a Banjo Kazooie game. Hang your head in shame Guild, I expected more brains from you.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That wasn't a Banjo Kazooie game. Hang your head in shame Guild, I expected more brains from you.

It was more of a joke but I never played Nuts and Bolts. I heard it was kinda shit from some people though.

I don't think it can be as bad as Perfect Dark Zero though. There was zero good qualities about that game.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It was more of a joke but I never played Nuts and Bolts. I heard it was kinda shit from some people though.

I don't think it can be as bad as Perfect Dark Zero though. There was zero good qualities about that game.

But...but the theme song and they made Joanna look HAWT! But dat theme song!

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to various members of the Goldeneye/Banjo era, Rare's gone to shit because Microsoft pushes them to create games which appeal to markets, not good games. Grant Kirkhope in interviews with OCRemix has said that he felt useless, impractical, and worthless while working with Rare under Microsoft--because the games weren't being made. They were being ordered.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Nuts and Bolts was scrapped parts from a more superior game that was never to be: Banjo Three-ee

seriously...it could be a Perfect Dark game...then you can bet your ass it's going to: 1. Suck. 2. only be on 360.

Rare should have never fallen into the hands of Microsoft....All the good IP's died that day.

BLAST CORPS (this needs to come back naouww) PERFECT DARK. CONKER. RAYMAN 64. BANJO & KAZOOIE. DIDDY KONG RACING. DONKEY KONG 64. KILLER INSTINCT.

Rare made some of the best freakin' games on the 64....

look what happened to the Conker remake, the perfect dark reboot (mother of god...) and don't even get me started on the NEW Goldeneye.

omegasoul6

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I keep on holding out hope for a new Conker game, but we're talking about the new Rare... =/
They should atleast sell all the good IPs from the N64 days though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: