Could older flashcards work on the DSi?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Goofy Time, Feb 18, 2009.

Feb 18, 2009
  1. Goofy Time
    OP

Member Goofy Time GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I was pondering this mainly out of curiosity. Is there a specific way that current cards that run on the DS and DSL run on the DSi simply with a new firmware patch, or would it fully warrant an entire new card? I know they don't currently work, but couldn't a firmware update fix that?

2. Advi

Member Advi GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    doesn't the Acekard 2i answer that question? [​IMG]

3. haringtonl

Member haringtonl GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I think hes talking about using his old card and just updating the firmware, not buying a new card. I have no clue, but I think its possible? Just takes alot of time and effort, which I don't think some companies have. And they can make more money by making a new card that works for DSi, rather than just updating it for free.

4. xrM

Member xrM GBAtemp Regular

Antarctica
    I was wondering too, could the AK2.1 somehow be hacked to turn it into a AK2i? I mean the hardware is pretty similar isn't it?

5. Goofy Time
    OP

Member Goofy Time GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Indeed, I mean current cards. I'm sketchy on buying an Acekard 2i until the US model has been confirmed to run the card. So I'm currently hoping a CycloDS would be updated via firmware so that'd work on the DSi.

6. oMETCALFEo

Newcomer oMETCALFEo Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    i got an acekard 2i for my dsi and they r really bad coz u had to push and hold it really tightly for the dsi to read it, but its compatable with the dslite aswell, but ofcourse the same puching thing has to be done. it ight have just been my cart but oh well