1. Enlapse

OP Enlapse GBAtemp Regular

Hello there!

Here is my current details:
    CFW emuMMC.10.0.2 (at the start, but updated it to 10.0.4 a while later).
    Atmosphere: 0.13.0
    Sigpatches: These ones
    Installed using: Goldleaf 0.8 and Quark 0.3
    SD: 64GB Sandisk

Today I tried to install Paper Mario: The Origami King, and after installing it the first time, I tried to run it inmediately after, but I got this error: "Could not start the software. Please try again from the HOME Menu.". Since I was using CFW10.0.2 (instead of 10.0.4), I updated to it and tried to run it again, but the same error was shown again. So, I thought I should reinstall from the same NSP and give it a try, so after do it, the same error was shown.
    Then, I made a research and a possible cause could have been sigpatches (even thought I updated Atmosphere to 0.13.0 and the sigpatches about two weeks ago), but I updated the sigpatches again just in case, then ran the game again, and the same error was shown. So, after that, I decided to download again the NSP from a different source and try to install again. After that, the same error was shown, again.

So, after updating from 10.0.2 to 10.0.4, using Atmosphere 0.13.0 with latest sigpatches and many reinstalls, everything ended the same.

The problem here is that I installed Catherine: Full Body just about two weeks ago and it worked correctly, and shortly before, both Bayonetta 2 and Death Come True, and everything worked perfectly, and I can still play them today without problems, so the only problem is this Paper Mario: The origami king game.

Any ideas?

Just in case, until recently, I used Kosmos, but replaced the atmosphere folder with the official one and updated hekate from the hekate repository and not from sdsetup. That might be the problem? But still, this was before installing Catherine, Bayonetta 2 or Death come true.

Last edited by Enlapse, Jul 14, 2020
  2. ricdee

ricdee Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I've seen a few people reporting this same issue with Oragami king and I haven't seen any solutions as yet. Have you got a spare SD card that you can set up a clean version of the latest atmosphere on? I have the same set up as you (10.0.4 and 0.13.0) and it works for me. I installed by usb with tinfoil and nut.

Enlapse likes this.
  3. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Which signature patches?
    Which bootloader?

Enlapse likes this.
  4. ricdee

ricdee Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Latest sig patches and fusee primary. There is a website where you can build your version of atmosphere to your liking and then just copy all the files to your SD

Enlapse likes this.
  5. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    1. Make sure the SD card is FAT32.
    2. Remove all CFW files/folders from your SD card (that would be folders like /sept/ and /atmosphere/)
    3. Download the latest Atmosphere
    4. Download the latest fusee-primary (next to Atmosphere)
    5. Download these signature patches (for Atmosphere v0.13.0)
    6. Put Atmosphere and the signature patches onto your SD card
    7. Put the SD into your Switch
    8. Enter RCM
    9. Launch Atmosphere using fusee-primary

Enlapse and persianpariah667 like this.
  6. persianpariah667

Newcomer

United States
    Push fusee-primary payload instead of hekate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enlapse and Lacius like this.
  7. Enlapse

I do have one, but with half the size of this one. I will try a clean install of everything and see if that does it.

I am sorry, I forgot to add the link in the first post. These ones are the ones I am referring (and updated first post with this link too):
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-0-13-0.567542/
    Oh, and I am using Hekate (this release: https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate/releases/tag/v5.3.0 ).

Okay, I think I will need to reformat my SD because I think it's exFAT. I will try all of these steps.

Okay, I will give it a try too.

Thank you very much!

8. Enlapse

First of all, sorry for double post, but I am not sure if you'd get notified if I just edited the last post.

That did the trick, but how I am supposed to go to CFW OFW if after pushing fusee-primary I go directly to emuMMC? (And yeah, I want to go to OFW with CFW to prevent losing AutoRCM after updating).

Thank you very much anyways!

9. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Edit emummc/emummc.ini to disable emuNAND temporarily.

10. wiremajik

wiremajik Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    did all of this, still cant start software. all other software runs fine including ACNH 1.3.0. i think im going to reformat my sd card and reinstall emmummc.... anyone point me in the best guide to start over. ive used fss0 in the past but i know the sig patches arent up to date for that. will this work?
    https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/user_guide/emummc/sd_preparation/

11. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    My steps above should solve most problems. If all of your other games work, it could be a bad game dump. Unfortunately, you did not provide a lot of details.

12. wiremajik

wiremajik Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    im on 10.0.4 fw atmosphere 0.13 it may be a bad dump. could it possibly need new keys? maybe ill wait a week for a new dump and i heard new atmosphere is coming soon.

13. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    If you're on the latest system version (10.1.0 as of this post), you don't have to worry about keys.

14. wiremajik

wiremajik Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    so i can safely update to 10.1 from the nsp? i dont see a firmware dump of 10.1 anywhere else for me to use choidujour to upgrade.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

so i just updated lockpick, dumped new keys from 10.0.0.4 , rebooted reinstalled paper mario, then updated to 10.1, rebooted. paper mario now works :rofl2:. for some reason tetris stopped working, im sure it just needs a reinstall.

15. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    It sounds like you could have a problem with your signature patches. Are you sure you followed my steps exactly?

16. wiremajik

wiremajik Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    i have followed exactly. i got what i want running so for now ill leave it as is. should redo everything on the sdcard soon though. maybe next week ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - software, Please, start