Could non-working 3D on CFW possibly be fixed?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by danielllb, Jan 16, 2016.

1. danielllb
    OP

danielllb Member

Newcomer
    Dec 22, 2015
    Netherlands
    Hello all! I successfully downgraded my N3DS from 10.3 to 9.2 and have an EmuNAND with 10.3 running. I know that closing and opening the lid fixes the non-working 3D on the (N)3DS, but I wonder if there might be a fix possible so that this would not be needed everytime. Today I booted my EmuNAND and to my surprise, I didn't have to close and open the lid to fix the 3D, it already worked after cold boot, only the top screen was darker than usual. Wouldn't it somehow be possible to 'emulate' the closing and opening of the lid on boot so that this wouldn't be mandatory to do yourself anymore?

2. NekoMichi

NekoMichi Retro Collector

Jun 4, 2015
    Minus World
    I heard somewhere that the rxTools team is working on a fix for that in the next update, but can't find the source of that claim...

3. danielllb
    OP

danielllb Member

Newcomer
    Dec 22, 2015
    Netherlands
    Ah okay, not that it's life-threatening but it would be nice if that gets implemented :)

4. Voxel

Voxel Clumsy Coder

GBAtemp Patron
    Voxel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    I'm guessing this is a problem only for N3DS users. Because my O3DS is completely fine regarding this.

5. Shadowfied

Shadowfied GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 6, 2014
    It is. Only New 3DS' are affected by this.

Voxel likes this.
  6. danielllb
    OP

danielllb Member

Newcomer
    Dec 22, 2015
    Netherlands
    Hm, then it might be a kind of software issue of sorts, let's hope it'll be fixed.

7. Audioboxer

Audioboxer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 7, 2007
    It is the super stable 3D that causes the issue. As it's not implemented on the O3DS that's why the bug doesn't exist on it.

8. Athe

Athe Member

Newcomer
    Aug 22, 2015
    Hmm, is it possible to run this bug in reverse, and use it to turn off 3D? I usually prefer the 3D off, but I think my 3D slider is broken (o3DS, but could apply to n3DS as well I suppose).

Last edited by Athe, Jan 18, 2016