Corrupted SD Card - recovery?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by hardenmetapod, May 5, 2016.

1. hardenmetapod
    OP

hardenmetapod Newbie

Newcomer
    May 2, 2016
    Canada
    Hi All,

I am having issues and I think my SD card is corrupted. My Wii was modded years ago, so I am unsure how to change to a new SD card whilst keeping my homebrew working.

Right now I am thinking I just replicate my SD card onto another SD card and remove the corrupted apps, but does anyone have any other suggestions in case I have to do a full on wipe, because it looks like a few of my app folders have mysteriously become files with no extensions.

2. petethepug

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    You shouldn't have to wipe your SD Card completely onto a new one. Does your SD Card work on your PC/Mac/Linux etc but not your Wii?

3. Fishaman P

Fishaman P Speedrunner

Jan 2, 2010
    United States
    Wisconsin
    Wii SD cards don't have any hidden partitions. Copying files over is sufficient to keep everything.
    The only concern is some exploits won't read SDHC cards, but you shouldn't need run run any more exploits.

4. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Backup the card onto your PC using a recovery tool like Recuva (free) or GetDataBack (not free, but more thorough), it might be able to recover the corrupted folders.
    Then format the card and put the files back on (but keep the backup), chances are the card is still fine, just corrupted.