Corrupted Pokemon White SAV?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by timacbosoa, Mar 28, 2011.

Mar 28, 2011

Corrupted Pokemon White SAV? by timacbosoa at 4:03 AM (1,463 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. timacbosoa
    OP

Newcomer timacbosoa Member

United States
    Alright so I am currently using the Acekard 2i with AKAIO 1.8.6. I'm using a (USA) rom patched with the exp fix. At first, I could play the game with ease... until I reached the desert area after Castelia City. In the desert, my game would occasionally freeze, but I could easily turn it back on. Once I left the desert, the freezes would stop. Once I reached Route 6, the freezes came back. I would reset my game and it would usually go back to normal. Although, one time, the game froze so i restarted my DS. When I clicked "continue" and I allowed C-Gear to activate, the seasonal status would appear. After the "Autumn" sign shows up, the game would freeze. I've tried using clean ROMS and patched ROMS, turning off C-Gear, changing the SAV type, but I would get the same results. I'm starting to believe that the SAV is corrupted. Does anyone know how to restore a corrupted SAV?

2. Lacius

Member Lacius GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    If you are using AKAIO 1.8.6a, you should not be using a patched ROM. Make sure you are using a clean one from now on and not just for troubleshooting purposes. You might want to try backing everything up and doing a complete format of your SD card. You might also have a bad ROM. If none of the above works, you might want to try re-downloading it.

3. timacbosoa
    OP

United States
    I've tried loading my SAV onto a clean ROM, but still no progression. Maybe I was experiencing the freezes because I wasn't using a clean ROM?

and I'm gonna try the formatting option.

if i redownload it, would there be any way to transfer my progress from my old SAV to the new one?

4. Masked Ranger

Member Masked Ranger GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Antarctica
    You might want to try using the B/W pokesav to try to fix your save.

No promises that it will fix your game. It might screw it up more. Back up your save first.

5. timacbosoa
    OP

United States
    yeah the formatting option didnt work, the samething happened /: