Corrupted DS File Program

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by RedSpyGentlemen, May 28, 2014.

1. This is giving me too much stress. I got a new 32 micro sd and I copied and pasted the files from my old micro sd and plopped it in there. I expected it to work, but what do I get? Some shitty "Program herr not fuonnnd".

Some background info:
    Card: R4i Gold RTS (R4ids.cn-nds-card.com)
    Fake? Nope. Old micro sd card I used to use WAS FAKE.
    Wood version? Latest from the r4ids.cn official website.
    Patch? Yes I patched it after it not working.
    Games not working? Animal Crossing is the only WORKING rom. Other roms are NOT working, and yes they are not corrupted. I used a computer emulator to test that.
    Faulty SD? Nope. The SD works like a charm, been playing the games that could WORK with this card.

Help... :c
    Tried using the parasonic sd formatter, nope. Tried a full format with Microsoft's SD formatter.
    Card details: Micro Sd 32 gb, Class 10.

2. KazoWAR

KazoWAR GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 12, 2008
    United States
    Winter Haven
    if the old card was fake and you are copying the files off of it then you are copying the damaged files.

3. Yeah, I thought of that. Then I tried redownloading the roms *cough* and it didn't work still.
    I reformatted the card fresh and redownloaded everything from the interwebs. Nope, Wood boots but no NDS files are usable.

4. KazoWAR

KazoWAR GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 12, 2008
    United States
    Winter Haven
  5. jimmie

jimmie Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2013
    Just wondering, the name of the site on your card is different from the site you downloaded wood kernel from. Aren't they supposed to be the same?

6. I'm positive this isn't a fake card. This will take atleast 1 hour and I won't post till tomarrow cuz i gotta go to sleep.

7. I downloaded the kernal from r4ids.cn

8. Please help, i'll be posting tomorrow. I need suggestions on fixing this, ASAP. :C

9. bowser

bowser Mwa ha ha ha!

Sep 1, 2008
    India
    GBAtemp ↑↑↓↓← → ← →BA
    When you format the microSD, choose FAT as the file system.

10. There is only fat32, ntfs or exfat.

11. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    Have you tried a smaller SD just to rule it out as an issue, any old sd like 2gb or something, I doubt it's down to the formatting, but sometimes things just take a disliking to specific cards, if all else fails it could be a faulty r4 card

RedSpyGentlemen likes this.
  12. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    Its your Micro-SD card, its faulty, accept it, it can happen! Either send it back and get a refund or swap it for another. Mine went faulty after just 2 weeks!!! I had to send it back for a refund and purchase another.

IronClouds likes this.
  13. Damn, ok.

14. bowser

bowser Mwa ha ha ha!

Sep 1, 2008
    India
    GBAtemp ↑↑↓↓← → ← →BA
    Are you not getting the FAT option even in the Windows formatting tool? Or only in the Panasonic SD formatter?

15. Anything over 4gb is not supported by fat.

16. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    you can always resize the partition to 2gb and then you have fat, i guess...

17. That would destroy the point why I got the 32 micro sd...

18. hippy dave

hippy dave Butts Butts Megabutts

Apr 30, 2012
    You can format it to fat, you just need to use a different program (like the Panasonic one), not the built-in Windows formatter which imposes that limit for no good reason.
    Edit: I'm talking about fat32, meh

19. Will try, thanks.