Question Corrupted Data on all Games

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by rnw10va, Mar 28, 2019.

1. rnw10va
    OP

rnw10va Member

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2017
    United States
    Hey guys. I just updated both atmosphere to 0.8.6 and my firmware version to 7.0.1. All of my games or their save files seem to have been corrupted. I don't really understand what happened but I guess I probably screwed up somehow. Is there a way to fix this without redownloading all my games? Thanks.

2. CrisFTW

CrisFTW GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    You have to redownload (or repirate) all your games again. Anything corrupted, cannot be fixed. Its gone forever

3. dixeflatline

dixeflatline Member

Newcomer
    Dec 16, 2010
    United States
    Somewhere near you
    Not sure but when that happens to me I usually just format my SD card and copy my files over from back up. Just to check, you can run CMD (command prompt) as admin and do a chkdsk /f $yourSDcard see if you have bad sectors. Also from hekate try fix archive bit under the tools section. Not sure if that will fix your issues but thats where i think i would start, haha. good luck buddy! Worse comes to worse, re-install them, all your game saves are saved on the system memory.

::EDIT::
    Turns out I had a corrupted game so I tried the above with no luck. @ChrisFTW was absolutely correct, have to re-install the game. Oh well, sorry man, I tried :/

Last edited by dixeflatline, Mar 28, 2019
  4. stephrk398

stephrk398 GBAtemp Fan

May 29, 2018
    United States
    Invest in a multi-terabyte portable hard drive and keep your backups on there in case this happens. It can be a huge time saver.

5. Eye666

Eye666 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2019
    Spain
    I am a total noob but I was told exactly the same: delete and reinstall everything when exactly the same happened to me. However, I tried a desperate solution installing something called sigpatches (if I remember right). I may be wrong as I really don't understand almost anything about keys, and patches and stuff but it seems it is something you need to keep your old games running when you update to 7.X. Now I have all my old games running fine.

6. Gabrielg20

Gabrielg20 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 30, 2019
    United States
    Hey did you get to fix it because im having the same problem as you. I have everything up to date with sigpatches and key but still everytime i reinstall the games nsp or xci there corrupt. And im able to install some games wich are maybe only eshop games or small games. Idk what the problem is.

7. TheDreamLord

TheDreamLord GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 8, 2011
    Ireland
    I just ended up using ReiNX and it worked. For some reason, Atmosphere did exactly that for me.

8. c0minzr

c0minzr Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Quick question that sounds obviously stupid but just in case.

Are you trying to load your backups in OFW when you do this, or staying within CFW.

Backups come up as corrupted in OFW.

9. Tilde88

Tilde88 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    Use SX OS and be done with all these errors.

Good day.

10. jorgesd

jorgesd GBAtemp Regular

Dec 28, 2018
    East Timor
    did you download signatures patches?

11. coffinbirth

coffinbirth GBAtemp Regular

Jun 15, 2009
    United States
    lol, wut?
    Not only is that not true, that doesn't even sound like the issue at hand.

Lacius likes this.
  12. skinnyBIGGS

skinnyBIGGS Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2019
    Canada
    What happens when the exploit is off . Do you get this msg

how to fix unable to start software return to the home menu start again nintendo switch

I did the curption check afterwards says everything is fine.

Total newb i looked everywhere abd couldbt find anything

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted