NULL

Corrupted data has been detected

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Agim iljazi, May 5, 2019.

1. Agim iljazi
    OP

Agim iljazi Member

Newcomer
    May 5, 2016
    So have update xs os. And randomly some games have corrupted fata even tho they gave always been fine. Can anyone help?

2. The3rdknuckles

The3rdknuckles GBAtemp Fan

Dec 30, 2015
    United States

3. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Are you using the built in installer? That's known to corrupt games. Use SX Installer (downloadable from their site) or blawar's Tinfoil instead.

leonmagnus99 likes this.
  4. Agim iljazi
    OP

Agim iljazi Member

Newcomer
    May 5, 2016
    Yes using the built in installer. The games were installed months ago and now some are saying corrupted data.

NoNAND likes this.
  5. cherryduck

cherryduck GBAtemp Regular

Jul 1, 2007
    The far side of the moon
    I've been having the same issue, only started happening recently, again on games I've had installed and working for a while. I'm using Kosmos, I don't think the CFW makes a difference. First started happening on firmware 7.0, recently updated to 8.0.1 and it still happens. I've seen a few people post in various threads about this so it seems like it's not just me. I wonder if there's some new protection in later firmwares which hasn't been spotted yet?

6. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Yeah, for some reason it doesn't seem to happen right away. If you reinstall them with a different title installer it shouldn't happen again.

7. makazula

makazula Member

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2019
    France
    Do this. If you want to keep Kosmos stuff, just replace Atmo folder, and fuse-primary in your Kosmos card with the one in atmo repo. Replace sigpatches with the ones from gbatemp. Load fuse-primary through Hekate and you're good to go.

Otherwise just go full atmo. Fuse primary is the key.

If you have opened the game before with Kosmos payload, it will still tell you it's corrupted when you launch it with fuse-primary. However, run the corruption check and in the end it will work again.

Hope this helps.

8. Sumandora

Sumandora Im using Parental Controls. Change my Mind!

Nov 13, 2018
    Germany
    this happens if you start an Game without ES Patches are you sure that you was in SX OS

9. Unleanone999

Unleanone999 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 15, 2018
    Togo
    It's common when using the built in sx installer but usually it will work fine. If it bothers you too much then use tinfoil/goldleaf to install nsp because it wont have that error.

10. NoNAND

NoNAND Fading into obscurity as the days pass by....

Aug 22, 2015
    Antarctica
    My existential nightmare
    As @The Real Jdbye suggests, don't use the built in installer hence it being so buggy.
    For your NSPs you might use other alternatives such as Goldleaf(the one i use as well)
    But beforehand it would be advisable to back up your saves and everything and format your SD card to repair any lingering bad files etc etc.
    If you're having problems installing NSPs you might try swapping CFWs just for that and getting back to SX OS once done installing.
    one a side note you should check your sd card with h2testw whether it's a counterfeit card or not.

Last edited by NoNAND, May 5, 2019
    hamrawk likes this.
  11. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Guru

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Exfat or fat32 filesystem on your SD?

12. Agim iljazi
    OP

Agim iljazi Member

Newcomer
    May 5, 2016
    I cant remember but some of the games have been on since fw 6.0 at least and the same card. Have never had problems till I updated a few days ago.
    Can install games fine but what I have noticed is in the installer tab the nsps are still showing even tho they have been deleted from sx card.

13. proffk

proffk GBAtemp Fan

Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    I second @Kafluke. It sounds like you've got exfat corruption if your using a exfat sd card. I had a simillar issue when using sx os & some of my nsp became corrupt for unknown reasons.

Kafluke likes this.
  14. Agim iljazi
    OP

Agim iljazi Member

Newcomer
    May 5, 2016
    So if I was to format the card would I just simply copy everything to desktop , format it then copy it all over again?

15. proffk

proffk GBAtemp Fan

Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    For your homebrew apps you can do that. For any installed games/nsp file you will have to install them again. That what I did. I recommend using a fat32 sd card. Plenty of ways available to install larger nsp files.

16. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Member

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2018
    Italy
    I can say that almost all my .nsp, not a single one of them, updated, got corrupted. All installed with SX installer.
    But no issues with any games that I've actually bought and uploaded through eshop.

Gladly, all XCI loads fine.

17. Sumandora

Nov 13, 2018
    Germany
    did you switched SD cards?

18. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Member

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2018
    Italy
    Nope, kept the same microSD, I just don't know if this happened with 2.7 or 2.7.1 as I've only noticed when I start reading comments about this issue.

Well I did switch to install MK11 on another microSD with more free space, but that was it.

Last edited by Tumbleweed, May 6, 2019
  19. Sumandora

Nov 13, 2018
    Germany
    can you try the old boot.dat?

Tumbleweed likes this.
  20. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Member

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2018
    Italy
    Oh I've already re-installed the few ones I had, not a big deal for me at all since I mostly rely on .xci to play my games... But I just thought I should report that the corrupted nsp issue happened to me as well.

Tks ;D