Hacking corrupted data causing issues with SD2vita?

Ygolonac

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm Having an SD2vita issue. I can no longer install/see games I put on it. (refresh database finds 0 items, nopaystation errors on install) All the games currently on it run fine, and I can copy games (that require nopdrm) to my regular vitamemcard.

I had this issue before and fixed it by wiping the card, putting the blank/img file on it, and copy pasting my vitamem card. If I copy paste the contents of the card after it's been wiped everything shows up that was playable, but stuff on the card that didn't show up won't show up.

I believe this started after trying to install something from either PSN or the Nopaystation app.

Any idea on what's causing it/what to delete? pretty sure it's some data on the card causing the issues.

Ygolonac

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm Having an SD2vita issue. I can no longer install/see games I put on it. (refresh database finds 0 items, nopaystation errors on install) All the games currently on it run fine, and I can copy games (that require nopdrm) to my regular vitamemcard.

I had this issue before and fixed it by wiping the card, putting the blank/img file on it, and copy pasting my vitamem card. If I copy paste the contents of the card after it's been wiped everything shows up that was playable, but stuff on the card that didn't show up won't show up.

I believe this started after trying to install something from either PSN or the Nopaystation app.

Any idea on what's causing it/what to delete? pretty sure it's some data on the card causing the issues.

Last edited by Ygolonac,

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Where did you buy your SD Card from? Could you test the card with H2testw?
Guide: https://3ds.hacks.guide/h2testw-(windows).html

Are you using the StorageMgr plugin or gamecard-microsd (gamesd.skprx) plugin?

What happens if you remove content from the SD Card, and install whatever it is you wanted to install, does it appear then?

Ygolonac

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Where did you buy your SD Card from? Could you test the card with H2testw?
Guide: https://3ds.hacks.guide/h2testw-(windows).html

Are you using the StorageMgr plugin or gamecard-microsd (gamesd.skprx) plugin?

What happens if you remove content from the SD Card, and install whatever it is you wanted to install, does it appear then?

amazon. 128 gig sandisk

I just formatted everything, etc etc and copy my vita mem card again. It works for now, can even copy games over from the backup of the bugged drive, but i'm worried it will mess up again, now that it's working i'm going to try and transfer everything I can.

I noticed both times the issue happened when I reached around 40 gigs, not sure if related, windows and vita says its 128 but I haven't tried to write empty space to test, even then. when i deleted stuff to be well under 40 it still won't work.

Pretty sure this is an issue caused by downloaded from Nopaystation or trying to update a nopaystation game with psn.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
amazon. 128 gig sandisk

I just formatted everything, etc etc and copy my vita mem card again. It works for now, can even copy games over from the backup of the bugged drive, but i'm worried it will mess up again, now that it's working i'm going to try and transfer everything I can.

I noticed both times the issue happened when I reached around 40 gigs, not sure if related, windows and vita says its 128 but I haven't tried to write empty space to test, even then. when i deleted stuff to be well under 40 it still won't work.

Pretty sure this is an issue caused by downloaded from Nopaystation or trying to update a nopaystation game with psn.
I would still test the card. I've never had a bad card from buying directly from Amazon.com (Amazon.com Services, Inc.) - But you never know. If you bought from a third-party seller on Amazon, I would DEF get that card checked/tested with H2testw.

Also, fakes will report the correct size in Windows/Vita, so unless you test it with something like H2testw, which writes junk data to the card, and then verifies that junk data.

Ygolonac

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would still test the card. I've never had a bad card from buying directly from Amazon.com (Amazon.com Services, Inc.) - But you never know. If you bought from a third-party seller on Amazon, I would DEF get that card checked/tested with H2testw.

Also, fakes will report the correct size in Windows/Vita, so unless you test it with something like H2testw, which writes junk data to the card, and then verifies that junk data.

I'm no expert on memcards but would I still be unable to install if i deleted things to clear up space? i'm not ruling out the possibility but it's not like my PC tells me there isn't enough space when transferring. last time I thought the issue was because I let windows accidentally "repair" the drive, but this issue I hadn't connected to my pc until the NPS app started giving me issues ( for whatever reason vita games glitched first, then psp games, and then psx games)

I think I'm just never touching that app again.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm no expert on memcards but would I still be unable to install if i deleted things to clear up space? i'm not ruling out the possibility but it's not like my PC tells me there isn't enough space when transferring. last time I thought the issue was because I let windows accidentally "repair" the drive, but this issue I hadn't connected to my pc until the NPS app started giving me issues ( for whatever reason vita games glitched first, then psp games, and then psx games)

I think I'm just never touching that app again.
If it happens again, I would strongly advise you to test your card with the tool mentioned. Like I've said before, fake cards will report and show the fake size of the card, what they tend to do is when they reach their actual limit, is just corrupt any and all data after that.
Read: https://www.rmprepusb.com/tutorials...e-are-two-types-of-fake-16GB-USB-Flash-drives...

Ygolonac

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

DonJav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
4.5 stars for the seller and some negative reviews about dud cards but plenty of positives, duds could just be bad luck but there is a disclaimer in there that made me question the quality, it's as follows:

Important information
Legal Disclaimer
These are new cards sold in China to Chinese. We buy them wholesale. The, packaging and speeds may differ but they work just as good, so this is why they are less expensive,. We do periodic testing and we use them ourselves. Try them, and if not fully satisfied we can replace it or refund your money. Tis The holidays , please keep in mind shipping delays are starting :) We can ship it express to you for $6 extra dollars.

Sounds a bit dodgy to me.

Test the card and let us know how you go.

Ygolonac

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
4.5 stars for the seller and some negative reviews about dud cards but plenty of positives, duds could just be bad luck but there is a disclaimer in there that made me question the quality, it's as follows:

Important information
Legal Disclaimer
These are new cards sold in China to Chinese. We buy them wholesale. The, packaging and speeds may differ but they work just as good, so this is why they are less expensive,. We do periodic testing and we use them ourselves. Try them, and if not fully satisfied we can replace it or refund your money. Tis The holidays , please keep in mind shipping delays are starting :) We can ship it express to you for $6 extra dollars.

Sounds a bit dodgy to me.

Test the card and let us know how you go.

will do if it bugs out espcially if it bugs out around 40 gigs or so, i'm just going to copy stuff over and not even leave vitashell until i'm done.

Ygolonac

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well it stopped working at about 40 gigs, looks like it is the memory card being fake. This is honestly a relief, at least now I know I can just get a new card or use multiple cards.

Reactions: DonJav

DonJav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well it stopped working at about 40 gigs, looks like it is the memory card being fake. This is honestly a relief, at least now I know I can just get a new card or use multiple cards.
It's a bummer, but like you said, at least you know what the issue is now and you just need to be extra careful when buying memory cards online.

Kotomine Kirei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I recall, some people on this site have said that the issue might also be caused by copying too many files over at one time.
Even on the official Vita memory cards, I think.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1