Corrupted Cios?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Bloodlust, Nov 9, 2008.

Nov 9, 2008

Corrupted Cios? by Bloodlust at 1:56 PM (1,036 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Bloodlust
    OP

Member Bloodlust GBAtemp Maniac

Hong Kong
    Ok to make it brief, I have a JPN Wii on 3.3v1 firmware. Everything was running smoothly until one day when I try to launch any game using GeckoOS from the HBC, all I get is a green screen. So out of desperation, I removed HBC which is currently v0.8 *More of this later*

I then proceeded to downgrade the firmware to 3.2 which was successful except for this very weird bug that is when I am supposed to be presented with a list of firmwares to choose from in Cios downgrader I can't see it. In fact, whether its anyregion changer or anytitle deleter the body of the text seems to be missing (like selections etc)

In the end, I had to run cios downgrader on another Wii to determine the number of times I must tap on the controller to scroll down in order to select the firmware I want. After that, I managed to successfully downgrade it to 3.2J. But a funny problem still persists, that is now when I want to re-install HBC v0.8 via Twilight hack it always fails and I get a message prompting me to update my system software. Strangely, I still can install it as a WAD. But although I'm currently on 3.2, I still can't launch any game thru GeckoOS (Green screen).

Any expert can help me with why I can't install HBC v0.8 via the twilight hack? And about the strange issue of missing text when I run homebrew which shows a normal text screen? [​IMG]

2. Bloodlust
    OP

Hong Kong
    Anyone knows?

3. Bloodlust
    OP

Hong Kong
    Really no solution?

4. BL4Z3D247

Member BL4Z3D247 GBAtemp Stoner

United States
    try reinstalling IOS30 and IOS36, when you use the cIOS downgrader v1.2 it uses "N's" servers and installs patched IOS30(not sure if IOS36 is effected but it's the IOS used for homebrew i believe, so just reinstall it anyways)

if that doesn't work i'll do a bit more research

5. Bloodlust
    OP

Hong Kong
    I'll give it a shot.. thanks