Hacking Corrupt Wii - Restore Help Needed

scotty6kids

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I have followed one of the guides and it all seems to have gone horrible wrong,

when I switch the wii on I get the bootmii option come up, none of the wii remotes will sync so I am having to use one of my old gamecube controllers. If I try and load the wii system I get a message telling me that the files are corrupted.

I can get into the homebrew channel though,

is there anything that I can do to remove everything off, restore the wii back to the original set up, download and update the system and then start again?

please help - my son is screaming at me for screwing up his wii.

Thanks

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Boot into hbc, start wad manager and reinstall the system menu using a wad (just make sure you have the correction version and region).
you can create the system menu wad using nusd (a pc application)

jstevenson72

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scotty,

It's good you have BootMii installed, you are recoverable so long as you have that.

Updating the system menu can be scarry, but I have had to do it a few times before I learned how I was "semi-bricking" my Wii. (all before I learned about USB Storage FTW)

You may want to look at this post it has a program that will update your Wii automatically. But it seems as though you should skip steps 12/13 when running it.

Good Luck,

Jason

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.theverge.com/2024/7/26/24206529/intel-13th-14th-gen-crashing-instability-cpu-voltage-q-a