Corrupt Wii - Restore Help Needed

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by scotty6kids, Dec 5, 2009.

Dec 5, 2009
  1. scotty6kids
    OP

Newcomer scotty6kids Member

United Kingdom
    Hi, I have followed one of the guides and it all seems to have gone horrible wrong,

when I switch the wii on I get the bootmii option come up, none of the wii remotes will sync so I am having to use one of my old gamecube controllers. If I try and load the wii system I get a message telling me that the files are corrupted.

I can get into the homebrew channel though,

is there anything that I can do to remove everything off, restore the wii back to the original set up, download and update the system and then start again?

please help - my son is screaming at me for screwing up his wii.

Thanks

2. kedest

Member kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    Boot into hbc, start wad manager and reinstall the system menu using a wad (just make sure you have the correction version and region).
    you can create the system menu wad using nusd (a pc application)

3. jstevenson72

Newcomer jstevenson72 Advanced Member

United States
    Scotty,

It's good you have BootMii installed, you are recoverable so long as you have that.

Updating the system menu can be scarry, but I have had to do it a few times before I learned how I was "semi-bricking" my Wii. (all before I learned about USB Storage FTW)

You may want to look at this post it has a program that will update your Wii automatically. But it seems as though you should skip steps 12/13 when running it.

Good Luck,

Jason