Hacking Copying RedNAND data to SysNAND MISTAKE!!!

Wariznake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hello everyone.

I'm following the plailect guide to jailbreak my 3ds xl, and in the final step (arm9loaderhax & cakes), specifically on "Copying RedNAND data to SysNAND" part, I made a mistake.

It says confirm and restore from "emuNAND_original.bin" but I copied and restored "sysNAND_original.bin" by mistake.

But it is NOT bricked or something, because I unmounted the SD card and put it into the PC.

So my question is, what can I do? Can I copy emunand_original.bin to the SD root and restore it from Decrypt9? Do I have to do the whole process again? If that the case, how can I erase everything just to start from the beginning?

Hope you can help me guys.

Cheers.

Last edited by Wariznake,

Wariznake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
You sure buddy? I dont want to be rude or something but I'm afraid of bricking it :(

I editted the post.

Thanks

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
Don't wanna sound rude to a fellow chilean, but you sound clueless about all these stuff, a9lh is quite dangerous when you don't know what you're doing, though Plai's guide is very newbie-friendly.

Don't be afraid to ask, better safe than sorry, you already did the dangerous part anyways, and you should have arm9loaderhax working already so even if you brick you can restore. The step to inject emunand_original can be replaced with sysnand_original, the final point is to restore the nand you are going to use from now on.

Best of luck

Red46

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You just wasted time. By following plailect's guide you'll see that it has you back up the sysnand to sysnand_original, just after you backed up the emunand to emunand_original. So, by restoring from sysnand rather than emu, I think the only thing you have lost is the HS app that has FBI injected in. You might have to do the whole reinjection procedure but other than that no much harm was done.

Wariznake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Don't wanna sound rude to a fellow chilean, but you sound clueless about all these stuff, a9lh is quite dangerous when you don't know what you're doing, though Plai's guide is very newbie-friendly.

Don't be afraid to ask, better safe than sorry, you already did the dangerous part anyways, and you should have arm9loaderhax working already so even if you brick you can restore. The step to inject emunand_original can be replaced with sysnand_original, the final point is to restore the nand you are going to use from now on.

Best of luck

Thanks buddy. Yup, i'm a total noob, that's why I used this guide. And thanks, I was worried about this mistake, but no problems so far.

You just wasted time. By following plailect's guide you'll see that it has you back up the sysnand to sysnand_original, just after you backed up the emunand to emunand_original. So, by restoring from sysnand rather than emu, I think the only thing you have lost is the HS app that has FBI injected in. You might have to do the whole reinjection procedure but other than that no much harm was done.

It is 100% necessary to do it?

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
It is 100% necessary to do it?
FBI is needed to install CIAs (in other words, pirated games/warez/homebrew), it's not 100% needed but otherwise you won't be able to install stuff in your 3DS. If you already restored your emunand_original.bin then FBI should be already over the Health and Safety app.

Wariznake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
FBI is needed to install CIAs (in other words, pirated games/warez/homebrew), it's not 100% needed but otherwise you won't be able to install stuff in your 3DS. If you already restored your emunand_original.bin then FBI should be already over the Health and Safety app.

I finished the whole process, but when I open Homebrewlauncher from the home menu, it load something then it shutsdown all the time. What could it be??

Thanks

Wariznake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I even reinstalled/reinjected FBI with hs.app and stuff. It says:

The home menu ropbin is ready and it crashes.

EDIT: nevermind, I rebooted it and it worked :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7LwaU1xMw