Hacking Copying games using a PSP go.

pokefloote

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone else with a PSP go and a M2 card try copying a game from the internal space to the M2 without using a computer?
For some reason I remember it working back in 2011 when I had my other go system. It doesn't seem to work now, as it's copying something from the /iso folder to the psp/game folder. My memory is probably just screwed up and/or crazy.

If it just doesn't work that way, is there a homebrew that can mount both the ef0:/ and ms0:/ spaces at once (to allow transferring between them), or will they always be separate? I noticed I have to keep two "Filer" apps in each storage to manage each one.

The reason for asking this is because my usb data transfer port is broken (charger still works though). I can either put stuff from my PC onto the M2 using a USB adapter, or use PSPFTPD to ftp transfer directly to the internal of the Go, but that takes nearly 45 minutes for each 1GB+ game. It sucks but at the moment there's no way to get a replacement. :|

JTXtYl.png
s0kVXl.png

IuP90l.png
VKDqsl.png

The 4th picture shows what happens on the memory stick side of things after it fails.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Question: Is the M2 formatted on the PSP or on the PC? Sometimes when you format the card on the PC, the PSP has issues recognizing it and causes copy issues. Alternatively the game is copy-protected, but that'd be pretty weird.

Another thing I'd like to ask is whether your PSP is softmodded or not. If you're using PRO CFW, it's been reported as an error in the firmware:
http://code.google.c...s/detail?id=450

As for file managers that allow you to copy content from the internal to the external memory, I believe the latest PSPFiler (more features) and Xplora 2 (better GUI) both support it.

pokefloote

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: Is the M2 formatted on the PSP or on the PC? Sometimes when you format the card on the PC, the PSP has issues recognizing it and causes copy issues. Alternatively the game is copy-protected, but that'd be pretty weird.
When I first opened up the card, I put it in the PSP and formatted it from the settings. I can copy homebrew stuff over to and from M2 just fine. Anything from the PSP/game folder can be moved to the other PSP/game folder on the M2, just not from ef0:/ISO to ms0:/ISO. It attempts to move from ef0:/ISO to ms0:/PSP/game .

Another thing I'd like to ask is whether your PSP is softmodded or not. If you're using PRO CFW, it's been reported as an error in the firmware:
http://code.google.c...s/detail?id=450
Ah, I'm using Pro-C. So it looks like my situation is normal... It looks like the PSP vsh can't move stuff into the ISO folder on the other side.

As for file managers that allow you to copy content from the internal to the external memory, I believe the latest PSPFiler (more features) and Xplora 2 (better GUI) both support it.
Sweet, I'll check them out. I thought filer 6.4 was the latest, I'll try out 6.6 and Xplora 2.

RESULTS!
They both seem to only use the storage that they are installed on...

Thanks for the help, Foxi4.
Looks like I'm stuck with FTP transfers for now... ;-;

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
RESULTS!

Xplora 2 *almost* definitely has access to all drives, it has been updated to support the PSP Go's memory. Enter the File Manager and press the Triangle to go back to the ROOT where all memory devices are listed - memory card and flash included. Alternatively, press Start to open the context menu and choose the desired memory device.

pokefloote

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RESULTS!

Xplora 2 *almost* definitely has access to all drives, it has been updated to support the PSP Go's memory. Enter the File Manager and press the Triangle to go back to the ROOT where all memory devices are listed - memory card and flash included. Alternatively, press Start to open the context menu and choose the desired memory device.
Oh, you are definitely correct! I downloaded directly from the dev's website and it worked this time. Before, it wouldn't do anything with triangle, and memory stick in the start menu would say that it was in ms0:/, but it was actually ef0:/. Now it works as intended, and I'm copying a file over now.

Thanks, you're a life saver. (:

Unlettered

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, you are definitely correct! I downloaded directly from the dev's website and it worked this time. Before, it wouldn't do anything with triangle, and memory stick in the start menu would say that it was in ms0:/, but it was actually ef0:/. Now it works as intended, and I'm copying a file over now.

Thanks, you're a life saver. (:

I exactly have the same problem. My PSPgo's usb port is also broken and I cannot transfer files from M2 to internal memory but whats worse is that I cannot even use xplora which seems to work for you. I am getting the error 80010002 - The game could not be started. I was running on 6.60 B10 but since you've mentioned that you were running PRO-C so I updated mine to 6.60 PRO-C just to run xplora but still no change. I am still getting the same error, any help would be greatly apprciated.

pokefloote

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I exactly have the same problem. My PSPgo's usb port is also broken and I cannot transfer files from M2 to internal memory but whats worse is that I cannot even use xplora which seems to work for you. I am getting the error 80010002 - The game could not be started. I was running on 6.60 B10 but since you've mentioned that you were running PRO-C so I updated mine to 6.60 PRO-C just to run xplora but still no change. I am still getting the same error, any help would be greatly apprciated.
Hmm, the only time I've ever had that error was when I was trying to run a legit copy of persona 3 using CFW. (I had to pirate the game to play it even though I bought it lol)

I downloaded Xplora from here: http://ne0h.altervista.org/xplora/

Strangely enough, after all this time, last night it stopped working on my go. Now it just black screens and turns off the PSP completely. Tried reinstalling and nope.

Unlettered

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, the only time I've ever had that error was when I was trying to run a legit copy of persona 3 using CFW. (I had to pirate the game to play it even though I bought it lol)

I downloaded Xplora from here: http://ne0h.altervista.org/xplora/

Strangely enough, after all this time, last night it stopped working on my go. Now it just black screens and turns off the PSP completely. Tried reinstalling and nope.

Thanks for the reply but I've found a work around for my problem and I am writing this post if anybody will ever face the same difficulty in the future he can follow the directions below.

1. You cannot copy anything from M2 card's ISO folder to the internal memory's ISO folder but you CAN copy M2 card's music folder to the music folder of internal memory.

2. Change the extension of your ISO / CSO files to MP3 and place them into the Music folder of your M2 card.

3. Browse the the music section of memory stick via XMB the data will be shown as corrupted but can be copied anyway.

4. Copy the corrupted data files via XMB and it will be there in the music folder of internal memory.

5. Launch any file explorer from the internal memory (I'll suggest Claw explorer for better GUI) now browse to the music folder where you have your ISO / CSO as mp3 and rename it back to the original extension i.e .ISO or .CSO

6. Move the renamed files from the internal memory's music folder to the ISO folder by using the file explorer.

7. Once done quit the program and go to the game section of internal memory and VOILA! you'll have your working games there.

Note: You must have CFW to perform this activity
icon_e_wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Also touch is better.... Well at least better than the launch DS, the lite one improved that a ton