Hacking Copying files from an SD card

blu3z

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I dumped a game into 3 parts, each of which I copied to one of two SD cards. I copied part 1 and part 3 just fine but every time I try and copy part 2 I get 'cannot copy RM3E: the device is not ready'. It happens at random times during the copy, sometimes with only like 30-40 seconds left. I'm not doing anything differently and I've tried disconnecting the SD card as well as the card reader but no luck. I'm running windows XP Service Pack 3 if that helps.

Anyone else run into this problem or have an idea as to what causes it?

blu3z

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
kedest said:
Corrupt card maybe. Copy part 2 again to the other sd card

You're probably right. I tried disconnecting it, reconnecting it and then running the windows error scan from the properties window and it would just hang. Formatted it and tried the error scan and it worked just fine. Will retry it later on and post results.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
blu3z said:
kedest said:
Corrupt card maybe. Copy part 2 again to the other sd card

You're probably right. I tried disconnecting it, reconnecting it and then running the windows error scan from the properties window and it would just hang. Formatted it and tried the error scan and it worked just fine. Will retry it later on and post results.
cool you are heading in the right direction , when plug and unplug these drives be sure to right click and select eject please it make your life easier
wink.gif

blu3z

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK So I formatted both cards and error scanned them with no problems. They're both set to FAT as well. Getting the same error now, even though I tried it with a different game this time. I get the error and then the SD card is no longer found and I have to pull it out and reinsert it into the card reader. I at first thought it might be the cards themselves but I read up on them online before I bought them and although they aren't a top tier company the reviews on them said they were fantastic and that they worked flawlessly. They're 2GIG Transcend SD cards if that helps.

Any ideas?

blu3z

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
layzieyez said:
Are you using the Panasonic formatter to format your SD card?

I use windows. I right click the SD card in My Computer, click format and do the full format (not the quick one). I keep the file system as FAT.

Now I use a strategy called praying. I start copying from the SD card and I just pray that it works. When I finally got all 3 pieces on from one of the games I backed up and pieced them together (Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles) it does in fact work. So perhaps there is a problem with the card reader itself?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol