Hacking copy WBFS data form one disk to another ?

supagusti

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi,

I am wondering if there's an tool that lets your (or me*g*) copy data from an WBFS-formated disk to another one?

or

Do some partition clone tools like GHOST/Acronis work with WBFS ? (I don't mean RAW-copy)
On what filesystem ist this format based? I haven't found a description about it yet.

Background is: I want to move all my games from an 320GB HDD to a bigger one, without spending the time for converting every ISO on my 320GB HDD again.

Thanks in advance,

Edit: meaning "from" instead of "form" in the headline
wacko.gif

cyrex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
There is a GUI around here that let's you copy all your files on one wbfs drive to another wbfs drive via PC. It's the wbfs-tool (current version is 1.0.13 i think). Search for it in the board. Hope it helps you. As far as i know it's the only GUI around here that offers this option.

cyrex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I didn't test it yet because for 2 Isos on a stick it's kinda senseless to copy wbfs2wbfs
tongue.gif
. Maybe you can post your results if it worked out for you or not
smile.gif

supagusti

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
cyrex said:
Maybe you can post your results if it worked out for you or not
smile.gif

I would say it works, BUT:
the data isn't copied directly. It's simply a batch job to extract data from the first Disk to an .ISO in a temp dir and then this .ISO gets installed on the second HDD.
I'm rather disappointed about this, because this point why the "copy process" lasts a very long time for a game with a size of 180MB (cause 180MB => 4.3 GB, 4.3GB => 180MB)
After some thinking about it, I found that the problem is the WBFS.EXE, that doesn't support direct copy.
So maybe someone can implement this feature into the WBFS.EXE

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Wish I could use that for video editing lol