Copy/Replace Question

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by godreborn, Jun 14, 2019.

1. godreborn
    OP

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    I sorta have a weird question, and I'm not exactly sure how to explain or what I would type into google, so I thought I'd ask here. I found a collection of hakchi 3d artwork, but it has both snes and nes content in the same folder. the subfolders are named correctly. I'd like to copy and replace my hakchi content folders with that, but I only want nes with nes and snes with snes. I also don't want additional folders, just replacing the images inside my hakchi folder (i.e. only replacing what I already have). basically, is it possible to compare two folders and only replace files with the same name (the image files only)?

2. Ryccardo

Ryccardo and his tropane alkaloids

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    godreborn likes this.
  3. godreborn
    OP

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    thanks, man. I was about to try winmerge, but I had been thinking about robocopy as I've been using it for years. I wasn't really sure how to word my query into google or what I would be looking for with the robocopy commands. I normally just use it with command /E to copy directory listings and only specific files, but that will copy all folders, even if empty. I'll try the command in that link. :)

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted