Apple Copy firmware

Maplemage

ಠ_ಠ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well i downloaded the 4.1 firmware 1 week ago, now I want to install the firmware into my friends ipod touch 3g and well I have to download it again (I updated my ipod first then I updated itunes) can anybody show me where the firmware is? or can you rip the firmware from my ipod touch? thanks.
(when I meant where the firmware is I meant where the firmware is when you download it from itunes)

$uPeRJjS&#0

Trophies
XP
Country
its saved on your itunes folder, go on windows and click the search function and write iPod2,1_4.0 ( the 2 is the generation number, i got 2nd gen & 4.0 is the firmware number.)

i know its saved there until a new firmware gets released

EDIT: C:\Documents and Settings\(Username here)\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPod Software Updates

haha enjoy bro!

Maplemage

ಠ_ಠ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
alidsl said:
Search on google, it's actually illegal to post firmware downloads
Did I ask for firmwares? nope I just said where the download goes if you download the firmware from itunes or you can rip it from the ipod touch.

QUOTE($uPeRJjS$kAt3 @ Oct 14 2010, 06:36 PM) its saved on your itunes folder, go on windows and click the search function and write iPod2,1_4.0 ( the 2 is the generation number, i got 2nd gen & 4.0 is the firmware number.)

i know its saved there until a new firmware gets released

EDIT: C:\Documents and Settings\(Username here)\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPod Software Updates

haha enjoy bro!
I couldnt find the firmware in there.

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tails100 said:
alidsl said:
Did I ask for firmwares? nope I just said where the download goes if you download the firmware from itunes or you can rip it from the ipod touch.
i hate to tell you this but yes you did ask for where to dl the firmware

Maplemage

ಠ_ಠ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
pokefreak2008 said:
tails100 said:
alidsl said:
i hate to tell you this but yes you did ask for where to dl the firmware
No no, sorry I made a mistake but I meant where the firmware gets downloaded from itunes. Not where to download it.

Maplemage

ಠ_ಠ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
metamaster said:
It downloads to that folder temporarily, then gets erased... Google it, you can't miss it
Nah im fine, thanks for the info. I know where to download it anyway its just im capped I thought the firmware would've stayed but nope thanks for the help guys.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.tomshardware.com/pc-components/cpus/intel-cpu-dispensing-vending-machine-game-spotted...