Hacking Copy data from emu-NAND to real NAND?

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to copy my savegames from my SNEEK NAND back to the real NAND?

I've already attempted to copy them from NAND to SD through SNEEK, but most of the time I get a black screen when I turn it on, or it shows the warning/Press A screen and goes black, or, RARELY, it shows the System Menu, which then goes black when I try to load anything or click on the Wii Menu (Options/Data Management screen).

Also, if I click on Homebrew Filter or any other channel, the Wiimote cursor disappears and stops responding, while the channel animations are still playing so it's not clear if the Wii itself is freezing or not.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
u can use save game manager gx if u install cIOS249 rev14 to your emulated nand using showmiiwads (grab the wad from ModMii download page 4)

there are probably a few other ways to do what ur asking, but assuming it works out for u this is the likely to be the simplest

GuyInDogSuit

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
Yes, Krafter on hacksden is working on a program to do just that. It's still a beta, but it should work:
http://www.hacksden.com/showthread.php/246...a)-need-testers

Yeah, I was able to extract the saves I wanted from the NAND, but I'm not sure if I'm installing them right. Seems like the GH Warriors of Rock save won't transfer. And that's the one I need the most.

Aijelsop

Question Asker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UndeadSquirrel said:
JoostinOnline said:
Yes, Krafter on hacksden is working on a program to do just that. It's still a beta, but it should work:

Yeah, I was able to extract the saves I wanted from the NAND, but I'm not sure if I'm installing them right. Seems like the GH Warriors of Rock save won't transfer. And that's the one I need the most.

Try transfering via SGM GX? Or are you already doing that?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
UndeadSquirrel said:
JoostinOnline said:

You have to use SGM GX, and to restore a save you have to have one on your NAND. It can overwrite saves, but not add them.

GuyInDogSuit

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
You have to use SGM GX, and to restore a save you have to have one on your NAND. It can overwrite saves, but not add them.

Yep, I got that bit. But the first time I attempted it, it seemed to work but when I loaded the game I was asked to create a new profile. I went back into SGM GX and now it tells me the data could not be transferred.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why not just fix the SNEEK NAND? There isn't really anything that can go wrong with one that can't be fixed. Since SNEEK NANDs can easily be backed up before you mess with it, you've got nothing to lose by trying.

Also, save data will remain intact assuming you don't mess with the sd:/title/00010000 folder or the game tickets (found in sd:/ticket)

GuyInDogSuit

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
techboy said:
Why not just fix the SNEEK NAND? There isn't really anything that can go wrong with one that can't be fixed. Since SNEEK NANDs can easily be backed up before you mess with it, you've got nothing to lose by trying.

Also, save data will remain intact assuming you don't mess with the sd:/title/00010000 folder or the game tickets (found in sd:/ticket)
Because no matter what I tried, I couldn't get SNEEK working anymore. It just stopped working one day and I couldn't load JoYflow or any app or channel. And that's if I could even get the System Menu to load.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
UndeadSquirrel said:
techboy said:

Because no matter what I tried, I couldn't get SNEEK working anymore. It just stopped working one day and I couldn't load JoYflow or any app or channel. And that's if I could even get the System Menu to load.
I think he was suggesting building a clean nand then copy the above bolded folders from the old nand to the new one

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
UndeadSquirrel said:
techboy said:

That's strange. What have you tried?

Also, did you try another SD card? I have a Transcend brand SD that used to run SNEEK great, and now won't run it at all.

EDIT:

XFlak said:
UndeadSquirrel said:
QUOTE(techboy @ Sep 30 2011, 06:35 PM)

I think he was suggesting building a clean nand then copy the above bolded folders from the old nand to the new one
Not quite. Doing that may work, but never tried myself. The TMDs are in the title folder with the saves, and the tickets are, well, in the ticket folder.
tongue.gif
Not sure, but you might need to copy sd:/sys/uid.sys as well if you do this...don't know if SM will care about there being saves for titles you've never run.

I was going to suggest cleaning the existing one.

GuyInDogSuit

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I've tried building a new NAND and reinstalling the saved games and what not backed up from the old one. No dice. I've tried a different memory card. No dice. Either way, I formatted my drive and went back to CFG Loader. Now I'm having issues with THAT.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
UndeadSquirrel said:
I've tried building a new NAND and reinstalling the saved games and what not backed up from the old one. No dice. I've tried a different memory card. No dice. Either way, I formatted my drive and went back to CFG Loader. Now I'm having issues with THAT.
That eliminates pretty much everything that could be wrong with the NAND itself...

Are you running SNEEK or UNEEK? And are you using a +DI version? Try installing plain SNEEK on an SD card instead if you're using UNEEK or a +DI version. Disconnect your USB drive while testing.

Also, for UNEEK+DI or SNEEK+DI, there MUST be at least one game on the USB device. If not, add a game and try again. DI versions don't work right without a game.

If you've tried plain SNEEK already...I'm not sure what else could be wrong.
frown.gif
Maybe someone else would know. I've never seen a case of SNEEK failure where a new NAND, replacement SD, or a fresh, plain SNEEK build didn't get it working.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
UndeadSquirrel said:
Yeah, I've successfully tested it on an SD card before. Problem is, the SD card is too small to hold games AND DLC. And I've been using UNEEK+DI, with games in the folder.
UNEEK probably doesn't like booting on your HDD. Are you using an SDHC card? If so, get a plain SD. Bootmii has issues reading some HC types.

Also did you try SNEEK+DI (the games stay on your HDD, so shouldn't be a space issue)? If your SD is at least 1GB, you should have plenty of space for some DLC (firmware takes up ~200MB, less if you remove the weather/news/photo channels).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Blah. 3 of my NSO + Expansion Pass family group members are leaving. Found one replacement so far but still need to fill two empty slots. I have 9 days or i eat the extra cost myself. But with a full group $11 for a year is a good deal. imo
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    new ghostbusters was decent, not as good as the previous one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye,
    theres a new ghostbusters?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I liked the cameo the original cast did
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, I heard a member of the original cast died
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Rest of the plot was just average
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Egon was the best character
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My favorite was the Key master in the first one, "Ok, who brought the dog?" - Rick Moranis
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was way better than that ghostbusters: frozen in women power one
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was kind of a passing the torch idea which I didn't hate finally
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The old Ghostbuster video game was pretty good also, newer one is just ok.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gotta be more specific nes one was garbage 360 was decent
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea 360/ps3 one I meant, I don't remember the Nes one tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I never played that one.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, me neither
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @K3Nv2 gotta be more specific, there were 2 on the NES and one of them was pretty decent
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well it's probably the one youtube link I posted
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    deleted my newgrounds account
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc of shame
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You have shame?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, made a new one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: