Hacking Converting Super Smash Bros NTSC savegame into PAL format

Bobo6969

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As the topic title suggests im trying to convert my NTSC savegame into a pal savegame. I've tried this way but noticed somethings were off ( http://gbatemp.net/topic/94045-how-to-completely-transfer-your-us-brawl-save-to-eu-or-viceversa ). The savegame extractor doesnt create a "WIISAVES/RSBE" under the SD root it makes something called "savegames\then a bunch of numbers" and i assume its basically the same thing though right? Second thing is that since megaupload is now shut down i cant use the program described in that link. Third problem is i dont have the actual disk of the game, I have both the NTSC & PAL games on my HD connected to the wii. The reason i need to convert it is that my NTSC version of the game seems to be corrupted and the game just freezes at one point through the SSE mode of the game after i select which characters to use and my PAL one doesn't, but i want all my unlocked stuff to be in there to so i can just use the PAL version instead.

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
Trophies
XP
Country
found this on another site it was below the same tutorial
translated using google so its not the best english

I leave the original method, manual editing AUTOSV0.BIN to masocas curious. This replaces the step 3) of the previous tutorial. For this you need two additional programs:
- Hex editor (I use UltraEdit32).
- CRC32 Calculator (Free you have a http://www.shareup.c...load-37500.html).

- 3a) Editad AUTOSV0.BIN. Of all the game files, this (and its twin AUTOSV1.BIN) is the only one that comes with area code. Open it with hex editor. The fourth byte is 14 (hexadecimal) if the game is USA, and 15 if PAL. Cambiadlo to 15.
- 3b) Now comes the hard bit. The last four bytes of the file containing the CRC32 of the remainder. If the CRC does not match, the game will say that the game is corrupt and will not accept it. What you need to do is change the CRC. This requires:
- 3c) Go to the end of the file and delete the last four bytes (addresses C67B to C67F, are the only ones not to "CC" of the last two lines). Not enough to put them to 00, you have to select and cut. For starters, remember that a byte is two hexadecimal numbers in an editor, so it will look like this: 34 81 B6 A3.
- 3d) Recorder, and open the file with CRC32 calculator. Aim the four bytes of CRC.
- 3e) Añadid those four bytes at end of file, in that order (do not worry about little / big endian, thankfully). It is easiest to reattach the four bytes that cut, and overwrite with the new CRC.
- 3f) Recorder file.
- 3g) Borrad AUTOSV1.BIN. Copier and renombrad AUTOSV0.BIN AUTOSV1.BIN copying. The game is expected that these two files are equal (that is another security measure).

Bobo6969

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ive read that but never really tried it cuz i cudnt really make sense outta it, on 2nd attempt i get lost at step 3C on...

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
Trophies
XP
Country
you have to drag select the last 8 numbers (4 bytes) on the hex side and cut them out of the file
then save and use the CRC calculator on the file
then paste the output of the calculator at the point that you removed then save the file
then make a copy of the AUTOSV0.BIN you just edited and rename it to AUTOSV1.BIN

and your all done

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30