Hacking Converting Save Files

gundam126

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just made the switch from an Acekard 2 (Not 2i) to a SuperCard DSTwo and everything works fine and dandy on my 3DS. The problem is however, that the save files seem to need a conversion or something. I think. Or I'm doing something wrong. So, are there any sites or tools that can convert Acekard Save Files into DSTwo save files? Or will I have to replay all of my games and cry tears of despair and agony for having to play the Dragon Quest series all over again?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I went the same way - from a Acekard (except it was a 2i) to a DSTwo & I didn't need to covert the saves either....(I'm only using a DSi though) BUT IIRC weren't there some games that 'had problems' with sav files ??

I'm not sure but I think some games needed 'larger' SAV files - or something like that - for them to work properly.. (I'm not sure but for some reason I've got 'Bookworm' in my head as being one of these games)

@ OP: what is happening exactly ?
* Does the game(s) you trying to play keep saying something like 'Save file corrupt. Creating new' - or does it just not 'see' the existing sav file.
* Does the DSTwo 'create' a new SAV file each time you start up (or only the first time) ??
* Is it just the one game or several that don't 'see' your existing SAV files ??

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
I regularly swap game saves between my AceKard 2i and SCDS2 (sometimes you just need to save on battery life) and have had no problems although I do know that the SCDS2 does not like to create save files bigger than 512k.

Try creating a save file for the problem games on SCDS2 first and then copy the AceKard .sav to the SCDS2 card. If you are asked by your computer if you want to replace the .sav then you know your AK .sav is correctly named so it may be file size, however if yo are not asked to replace then your AK .sav is named incorrectly which is why it doesn't work in which case just rename your AK .sav to exactly the same as the SCDS2 .sav and it should then work.

gundam126

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I found the problem. As it turns out, the Acekard 2 names the save file the exact same as the game itself, including the .nds . Which means I need to rename all of them. Crap.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
gundam126 said:
Well, I found the problem. As it turns out, the Acekard 2 names the save file the exact same as the game itself, including the .nds . Which means I need to rename all of them. Crap.
Ah hang on - forgot about that (not used a Acekard for a while)

I'm guessing you mean that the sav file is something like 'Pokemon White.nds.sav' instead of 'Pokemon White.sav'
IIRC there's an option in the Acekard for the type of SAV file (or is that only in AKAIO ??) where you can change from '.nds.sav' to .'sav'

If so - try changing that

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s