Converting from Loadline

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by apachehavok, Oct 25, 2016.

1. apachehavok
    OP

apachehavok GBAtemp Fan

Jan 17, 2014
    Angola
    Hi all!

First off, I want to say in advance that I am so sorry for asking but I poured over the forums and there seems to be a complete unorganized information overload with this new USB method haha

I have loadline working with a huge 256gb SD card but am super interested in porting them over to the USB method.

From what I understand, the backup needs to be on both disk and eshop in the same region.

Have a on of (ready2play) loadline backups working with loadline. Is there a way to get the information needed from these?

How would one handle this?

Thanks a ton guys!! Such a great community here!!

2. MHDestination

MHDestination Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    Germany
    Under your bed
    No, you need the ticket and the encrypted gamefiles.

Neither of this is included in your loadiine files. Your gamefiles are decrypted and there is no way to re-encrypt them

3. BIFFTAZ

BIFFTAZ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 26, 2010
    Its a fresh start unfortunately, None of the Loadiine backups you have will work with the USB method. There's a How-To tutorial in this section.

4. apachehavok
    OP

apachehavok GBAtemp Fan

Jan 17, 2014
    Angola
    Ok so NOT loadline backups, rather new FULL dumps?

5. sTo0z

sTo0z GBAtemp Regular

Nov 28, 2004
    United States
    USA
    New full dumps, that you can easily grab directly from Nintendo. Look up NUSGrabber.

6. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Redownload the games you want in encrypted format + their tickets (you can use FunKiiU and JNUSTool for that), and convert your saves with Saviine (there's a guide on the forum somewhere for that)

7. BIFFTAZ

Jul 26, 2010
  8. apachehavok
    OP

apachehavok GBAtemp Fan

Jan 17, 2014
    Angola
    I am so sorry guys but I am still confused here. Saviine I understand but the tutorial linked is still a tad confusing.

According to the tutorial you:

Extract a ticket from a WUD - Use FunkiiU to get the WUD?

9. x65943

x65943 Resident Greekaboo, Amateur Dog Father

Jun 23, 2014
    United States
    Indiana
    Funkiiu will download the encrypted game files from nus and the ticket. You don't need to download a WUD because someone else already did that.

This program gives you all the files you need to install a game.

10. apachehavok
    OP

apachehavok GBAtemp Fan

Jan 17, 2014
    Angola
    Gotcha will try that! Thanks guys!

11. apachehavok
    OP

apachehavok GBAtemp Fan

Jan 17, 2014
    Angola
    OK GOT IT ALL WORKING!!!

Few questions. When I go install them with the WUD installer, it sees the different folders but I have to do them 1 by 1. Is there a way to set it to just do all of them? When one finishes, just move onto the next?

Some games boot with a "checking update" My wiiU is NOT online so it will eventually just finish and I can hit continue anyway. Is there a way to disable games from checking for updates when launching?

Also, I guess you use NUSgrabber to get updates? I have the GUI version but am a little confused. Do you just hit the game updates section, hit latest, download it and install it with the WUD installer tool?

THANKS!

12. Yardape8000

Yardape8000 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 26, 2011
    United States
  13. Don Jon

Don Jon GBAtemp Fan

Nov 20, 2015
    United States
    -snip-

Last edited by Don Jon, Oct 26, 2016
  14. apachehavok
    OP

apachehavok GBAtemp Fan

Jan 17, 2014
    Angola
    Read that I got it all working but there is no mention of the update thing. I actually just used NUSgrabber to grab updates and installed them.

Now from what I understand, the updates do not show separately in the wiiU as patches.

EXAMPLE:
    I had a "prepare update" EVERY time I launched it. Then it would detect no internet and continue. I installed the update with the wup installer to the external HDD USB (same as where the game is installed) and now I dont get the nag anymore. Assuming the update installed then? Anyway to check an installed games version?

15. BIFFTAZ

Jul 26, 2010
    Go in to system setting & data management, Check your internal/external HDD where you installed the game, Click on the game forlder & you should see the game data, Save data & update data.

If you installed the update & dont get the update nag anymore, You've installed the latest update.

16. apachehavok
    OP

apachehavok GBAtemp Fan

Jan 17, 2014
    Angola
    OHH its IN the game. Sorry noob mistake here.

So riddle me this.... If a wiiU is NEVER online, how does it even know there is an update?

17. x65943

x65943 Resident Greekaboo, Amateur Dog Father

Jun 23, 2014
    United States
    Indiana
    At some point you must have gone online with it. Also tubehax and router blocking don't block all Nintendo servers - so it' possible the wiiu could be getting it's info from some unblocked source.

BTW, because the latest fw is exploitable it's fine to update your games for the time being - and then block Nintendo servers afterwards.

18. apachehavok
    OP

apachehavok GBAtemp Fan

Jan 17, 2014
    Angola
    Gotcha thanks for the info!

I just wanted to DL the updates manually so in the future if Nintendo ever removes the udpates from its servers and my USB hard drives dies, I can just re-install everything :)

Thanks again for the info!

x65943 likes this.